I have a questions related to the Blue Card and my wife and kid

Hi,

This is my first post here,

I have recently signed a contract in Berlin and will move there as soon as my employment Visa is processed (I'm expecting that to be completed in 4-6 weeks from now) "Hopefully"

My contract is a permanent, i.e. with and indefinite period, I'm an Engineering Graduated working in the IT Field for 8 years now, my Gross salary is above the limits for the BlueCard, accordingly the employer told me they'll apply for the BlueCard for me, and I should get it shortly after I arrive in Germany,

so far all the info are good, but I don't really Understand how will I be able to get my Wife and Kid with this Blue Card so far nobody asked me for the Birth Certificate of my Kid and the Marriage Certificate, my question is: will the Physical Blue Card that will be issued for me will also cover my wife and kid, or they'll have to apply for something like dependent Blue Card for them or what is the exact procedure?

The  differences that the Blue card will have for your family are;
1.Your wife will not have to pass the A1 Deutsch exam
2.your wife will be allowed to work immediately after arrival,instead of 2 years later
3.you can apply for permanent residency after 36 months instead of 5 years

I suggest you ask the employer to also apply for the visa of wife and kid,with your application.
Otherwise you may have to come alone first,while your wife and kid are going through the long application process at the Embassy(they say upto 6 months)

Good luck~