Interested in a position in Las Terrenas

I am interested in a position in Las Terrenas or anywhere along the North Coast.  I am marrying a beautiful Dominicana on May 23rd.  She has no desire to relocate here so I must relocate there.

I am a financial professional with over 20 years experience. I am a former Wall Street Branch Manager. Additionally, I have been a licensed real estate sales professional (1993-1998).

I hold a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration from Ohio University as well as an Associates Degree in Social Sciences (Physcology/Sociology).

I thank you very much for your consideration.

Warm regards,
Paul E. Destocki, II
[email protected]

Hi Paul,

Welcome to expat-blog,

can you please post an advert on the Jobs in Las Terrenas section, this may be useful.

Thank you,

David.

Hello Wall Street welcome to the forum!  have a good read of all the posts here on this forum for information regarding how to look for a job here.

A position for wallstreet manager in las terrenas????? Are we talking about the same island?

I am not looking for a wall street job there. Very tired of that industry.

Anyway there are no job in las terrenas, do you speak Spanish? Unless to create a business you will not find anything who can permit you to live. I know a pizzeria selling if you want.

I speak some Spanish.  Not looking to run a business though.  Anywhere in the north is fine.

Your best bet is to come down here and spend some time poking around the north coast.  Most jobs never see the "want ads".

Bob K

Bob is right it is almost impossible to find a job without being here.  Little gets advertised its all about who you know....... or who - who you know - knows......

It could be useful that someone post a list of all the Americans/foreigns companies present in dr ,it will be helpful for expatriates to take contact with them to apply for a job.
But once again, finding a job in las terrenas will be impossible, here people run small business and don't employ ppl or it will be a local contract for a10 000 pesos a month, and it will be worst without speaking Spanish.
Does someone can tell us what are the economies of las terrenas? A part from tourism with shity restaurants there are nothing to do there, unless you have a lot of money to create something worthful

There is no list of companies as such, anyone willing to create and maintain this list will want to be paid for it!

Of course the list exist, if you check with the chamber of commerce they should be able to give it to you. Members of the forum should add all the companies they know but do they really want?

What chamber of commerce????????????????????????????????
And in what city??????????????????????????????????

Bob K

I won't be long as it's late here, I removed a few off topic messages from this thread (sorry for being myself off topic)

Thank you

Bob K

Thanks Julien!