Safety and convenient living in Bahrain

Hi everybody,

I am considering moving to Bahrain to teach in a university, in Sanad probably if I am spelling it correctly. I am a bit reluctant because of history of riots in Bahrain in the recent past. Could anyone please shed light on if it is safe and convenient living in Bahrain? How do the riots and its aftermaths affect the expatriates' life? Currently I am working in Saudi Arabia on a good position which is very safe country but very closed and conservative society with black and white version of life :-( The same compels me to moving to Bahrain.

Many thanks,

Gabrial

Hello Gabrial,

Bahrain is perfectly safe and you will love it here. Yes, there are riots every now and then, but they are not targeted to any nationality. They are mostly against the current government here. If you be a bit cautious on where you live, you will perfectly be fine. Don't worry at all.

Bahrain has a lot of good things to offer and the more you experience it, the more you will like it.

Bahrain has a lot of good things to offer and the more you experience it, the more you will like it.

:one

Cheers Jazzy :)

You're most welcome brightonguy :D;)

@gabrial - I've Lived in London most of my life. A colleague of mine who is from London too (here in Bahrain) once told me, even though  there are troubled areas here and there, its safer than being in London... to a certain degree, i agreed with him..
So gabrial, dont worry, once you're here you will see the country for your self and i'm certain, you will like it here :D:)

good luck :)

I think in every country, there are safe and unsafe areas and can't agree with your friend more about London's safety. Yes, it is a tourist friendly place, but that doesn't mean the entire city is safe. Central areas of Bahrain usually free from riots but if you go to remote villages, you see riots every now and then. Unfortunately the press likes to report negative events but not positive things so the rest of the world only associates negative things they here on the news.

Come to Bahrain, meet other people and visit different places in Bahrain. Definitely do not get stuck at home, you will get bored.