Kitchen utensils from India!

Hi

I am a South-Indian planning for a move to Ghent with family. It would be great if I could get information on the cooking utensils to be brought from India. Can I get mixer/grinder (indian type) that is used for grinding rice flour (Dosa mix) in Belgium? Also pls let me know if pressure cooker, dosa pan are available in Belgium?

Hi vrind!
   Welcome to Belgium!It is better to get mixer-grinder from India as grinder here doesn't works well with hard spices or rice. You can find Pressure cooker and crepes pan here.If you compare, it is a bit expansive here.So it depends on the space available in your luggage and what is important for you.
ikea.com/be/nl/catalog/products/90208208/
vandenborre.be/
krefel.be/
You can check the above websites for the available utensils here.
I hope I answered your Question. Bonne voyage!

Hi Ravichandran,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will take your advice on that & would accommodate most of the exclusive Indian utensils to my luggage.

It would be great if you could also clarify the following:

Are southindian TV channels (esp. Tamil) being telecast-ed by any of the Belgian DTH services?

Regards

Dude.. I don't know about kitchen appliances if they help you here.. But definitely get 3 port to 2 port converter electric plug.

Here in Belgium they use only two port plug. I faced difficulty with this.

Regards,
HariDeep

I would say, bring the mixer grinder for sure :) A super silent one preferably (you may not want your neighbor knocking on your door very often :) ). The mixers available here, are not strong enough to handle rice especially, as Jayaprakash already told.. And yes, if the mixer plug is 3 pin, carry a converter too (but you can easily buy one here too)...

Indian channels are not a part of any standard TV service you can subscribe in Belgium. I heard there are some providers who offer DTH antennas which can catch some Indian channels.. I have no much clue on this. When you are here, you can talk to fellow Indians in the same locality to have an idea..

Pressure cooker: available in Indian shops, but highly priced. If you have space, bring one.
Dosa Pan: Any non stick pan will do, which are very much available. If you have a special one (like the thick one that you get in India), bring that :)

Welcome to Belgium and wish you a very happy stay here...

Thanks Aneesh & Hari. I have arrived to Gent and kind of settling in.

Cheers!

Hello,

my name is Anne and I am Belgian.
I have travelled many times in the south of India so I know what you talk about.
I have not found the grinders here. We have regular pressure cooker pots. But I do not know if they fit for dosai.

kind greetings

where to do we get 3 pin to 2 pin converter here

I got one from an Indian Grocery store here in Ghent. Guess it should also be available in the hypermarkets or electronic shops.

Good Luck!

There are plenty.. In media markt you will find all sort of converters..

Hi Can you let me know if you were able to get Indian Mixie

Hello All,
I have some USA Electronic such as TV, Blender, vacuum cleaner, printer and I would like to use in Belgium by converting to appropriate voltage.
Where can I buy voltage converter ?  Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks In advance,
Sagar

Mediamarkt / amazon / else...  (avoid unknown brand / Chinese) / ...