PNU - school holidays

Hi everyone!

Please if somebody works or have worked at PNU, can you give me this information.

I will work at PNU in september as lecturer and I would like to know if we are working during the school holidays or we are free!!!
(I am moving in KSA with my children).
I have heard that there is a school in the campus but I would like to know if there is a nursery as well.

Thank you very much for your help.

I suggest you ask your PNU HR contact these questions.  They're familiar with where you'll physically be working as well as scheduled paid holidays and other available benefits you'd qualify for.

Hi!

Ok thank you smurfette, I know that I can ask these questions directly to the head of department but if ever somebody who is teaching in PNU has the info right now, it will be nice to inform me.

You didn't state what subject/department you'll be teaching in nor if you're a direct hire, but you might get answers from the posters on Dave's ESL Cafe's Saudi job discussion forum (link).

Hi

I've just signed a teaching contract with them too for September.  But my question is are you travelling alone or with family?

You can travel alone
If you want to be your family with you. You can get a Visa

saleh sulaiman wrote:

You can travel alone
If you want to be your family with you. You can get a Visa

I want my husband to travel with me but I've been told that he can't some with, even once I've got my iqama I won't be able to sponsor him over.

You can request a visa to bring to your husband and your children when you come here

riz.m wrote:

I want my husband to travel with me but I've been told that he can't some with, even once I've got my iqama I won't be able to sponsor him over.

It depends on your sponsor/employer.  If you're designated as "single status," then you're pretty much out of luck. This is a major issue for foreign women coming from overseas to work and expecting to sponsor their husband and/or children.

saleh sulaiman wrote:

You can request a visa to bring to your husband and your children when you come here

Many times teachers are denied the opportunity to sponsor their families (usually when the teacher is a woman).

I hope to get a visa for her husband and her children
Because in Saudi Arabia without her husband will find difficulties
You are in Princess Nora University
You know this

saleh sulaiman wrote:

Because in Saudi Arabia without her husband will find difficulties

Yeah, we ALL know this but yet we manage to survive :)

Cat in the picture fierce
I hope not to be so in fact

saleh sulaiman wrote:

Cat in the picture fierce
I hope not to be so in fact

:lol:

Nah, not usually.

Good,
But I love women the fierce:)