Relocating from Dubai to Muscat

Dear members,

We are a family of three and looking at reloc'ing to Muscat by Sep 2013. DD is in KG1. DH has an opportunity with PDO.So thought of placng her at the PDO school. Would like some inputs about the PDO school, the medical faciilties at Muscat and the general living experiences.

1.We are looking at o level schools.Please suggest good ones.
2.Is Muscat having more of open environment than Dubai?
3.Where are most of Indians located?

These are a few basic questions..Thanks for your time :)

Shivu.

Hi Shivu!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi,

Thanks for the response!!(some one did a 'heelo')!!

Well, got answers for couple of questions listed and some running n my mind from old posts. A great site this!.

Just to know, is Muscat environment more open n greener than Dubai? We are planniing a visit to Muscat before moving to get a hang of things.

Have a good one.

Shivu :)

Hello Shiva,

PDO, and everything associated with it, is fantastic.

The school is great, the facilities are first class and the accommodation is excellent.

You could try the British School Muscat, American British Academy, Indian School, TAISM for other alternatives.

If you would like assistance / advise, please email me at - [email protected]

Thanks allied.

Can I know where are most of Indians reside? Are there any temples in Muscat?

Regards,

Shivu.

Dear Shivu,

Most Indians reside in an area called Ruwi.  However, expatriates are located all over the Muscat area.

With regards to temples, I am sure there are, but I don't actually know their location.

Good luck.

Thanks Marcus.

We are being employed by the PDO and looking at the PDO school.Any idea/reviews about the school? DD is in KG1/nursery in Dubai.Since term begins in September in PDO school, she will start nursery. Any reviews  are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Shivu.