Is there anyone who got Work Permit Visa via company?

Hello, all.

Recently, I got a quite nice job offer as a permanent employment from a large Norwegian company (it is on public stock market) and I need to go for paperworks for my work permit visa.

Is there anyone who had similar experience with me?

Did you do the process by your own? Or did the people in the company got your paperwork on behalf of you?

I'm not very sure how it will work.

If anyone already went through this process, please let me know how it will go.

Thank you in  advance.

Hi Lee,

Welcome to Norway.

I am basically from India and currently working in Oslo and also for a big oil and gas company.

Norway is definitely a beautiful country and I am sure you will enjoy it a lot.

Salaries are higher than othe rparts of the world maily due to high taxes and high cost o living.

My company had done all my visa documentation for me and I received the work permit within 1 month. They assisted me in all requisite documentation. Big companie shere pay for all the visa fees and all that stuff.

So you need not bother.

Are you an oil and gas professional? These professionals are in good demand here.

Let me know if you need any more inputs.

Cheers.

Amit Pawar

Amit,

I appreciate for your reply. As you expected, yes, I am in Oil & Gas industry as well. Pay is not bad, working condition will be seriously great especially compared to my current workplace.

I hope they can proceed my things as soon as possible.

Again, thank you for your kind answer.

Hi,
I also got a job offer on January and I applied by myself.
But I have not received my work permit after 4 months.
It's better that company applies on behalf of you.
I hope you get it soon ;)

Hi,
Do you know any other guy that applies by himself/herself?

hamid8611

Thank you for your comments. Actually my company decided to do the thing for me.

I have no contacts who did his visa processing by himself. Hope you'll have your luck in your way.

Myself Vineet Kapoor from India, an electronics & electrical engineer, looking for career in Sweden with Sponsorship.
If you can guide, support or help somehow.

Thanks,
Vineet Kapoor

Hello HLee

Have you got your visa?

Hi Amit

I got a job offer in electronics and IT domain. And my employer applied the visa on my behalf. Its been 4.5 months,still processing. Is this normal processing time?

May I know when was your visa applied?

Hi Hamid8611,

I also applied the work permit by myself. Now it's been 2 months, and still waiting.

Have you got your work permit now?

I see that the average processing time for those who applied by themselves are much longer than those who were helped by the company.

Sometimes I feel silly why I did not asked my employer to do this for me. :p

I just finished my master degree and have no other job. So this waiting is pretty much a waste of time. If I was working at the same time, maybe this wouldn't be as painful as now.

Cheers!