Where to find Beach Rocks ???

Hi All,

can some one please tell where exactly i can find beach rocks in Dammam/Khobar area ?

i need those to use in my fish tank.
any help will be appreciated.

click here to see what exactly i need
http://gregcecere.wordpress.com/2012/05 … 2-19-12-3/

:(

:(:(

you can find them in HomeCenter, any pig plants nursery like Sultan Gardens and in 10,15,30Riyals shops.

ahmadaq wrote:

you can find them in HomeCenter, any pig plants nursery like Sultan Gardens and in 10,15,30Riyals shops.

good idea.
at obhur junoob in jeddah you will find thousand of tons of these rocks for free.
what i meant simillar here in dammam or khobar beach any exact location.

i have seen in 2 riyals shop but few rocks for 3 and 5 riyals thats insane.

:D actually i dont want to invest.

Be careful if it is beach rocks, DO NOT put in a fresh water aquarium ( not unless you want to kill your fish)

KNJ wrote:

Be careful if it is beach rocks, DO NOT put in a fresh water aquarium ( not unless you want to kill your fish)

but the rocks i will pick will be plain, obviously if found will wash first, and after adding in the fish tank i will test the water. rocks are just rocks. i picked live corals, dried so it became dead coral, washed and washed and,,,,,, and add in the fish tank nothing happened. ( that was long time ago)

now making a bigger tank

thank you for the advice :)

valar,

were you able to find those rocks? Im also looking for the same rocks as well but to no avail.

No, its been long time i posted this thread, at that time i used fine sand in my tank, but i am still in need of those rocks, i am going to jeddah next month i will fill atleast 2 buckets of rocks from there,

I am actually looking for much bigger rocks that I can stock up to make hiding places for my african cichlids. i am currently using some rocks that I picked up from Cornich, i just give them a good wash dried for a week. But I really wanted to have those rocks that you posted.

i picked live corals, dried so it became dead coral

That's not cool, bro coral killer  :nothappy:

its not coral actually it was rocks which are lying near the sea side, my feet did not even touch the water when I pick them up.

oh sorry.. I though the message was for me.

Trapezius wrote:

i dont know what to say, corals dont move actually, they just grow big as long as they are in the sea water

tispatis wrote:

I am actually looking for much bigger rocks that I can stock up to make hiding places for my african cichlids. i am currently using some rocks that I picked up from Cornich, i just give them a good wash dried for a week. But I really wanted to have those rocks that you posted.

i know what size rocks you are talking about, even i wanted those to provide hiding places for my fish and also i want to build underwater fountain with those rocks, i will glue them with silicone and will gave shape like mountain and waterfall from above of the mountain

valar_morghulis wrote:
Trapezius wrote:

i dont know what to say, corals dont move actually, they just grow big as long as they are in the sea water

Just because they don't move doesn't mean you can kill them.  Coral is a vital part of the ecosystem and destroying it has consequences for the whole ecosystem.  Do you go around randomly killing animals in the desert or in a forest?

Respect nature and the earth.