Hello!

Hello all!

I have recently joined this blog because I am considering a move to Madrid for a work assignment.  I am currently living in the northeastern United States, in Maine.  Does anyone have any advice on areas in the city to live?  Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Laura

Hey there.

You will love Madrid.It's a very welcoming city, and there is something to do for everybody. Nightlife,museums,parks(not many, but nice).
I'd suggest you live in the city centre, or at least not in the suburbs, because very often those areas are little more than dormitory-neighbourhoods, where there are not many shops, clubs, restaurants, cinemas or museums. Living in the centre is the way to go, I'd say. The neighbourhoods of Latina, Malasaña, Principe Pio and sourroundings are the best to live in. Here you can experience the real 'barrio' life and enjoy Madrid for real.
Hope this helps.

¡Muchas gracias!  That is great advice.  I am definitely in favor of living at the heart of things.  Are there any websites or agencies you'd recommend for help finding a place? 

I have been to Madrid twice before and really can't wait to move there.  It seems like a fantastic city and the people are fun and amazingly warm and friendly.

Hi Laura,
you can find places to rent on these three websites, but they're in Spanish.
Idealista
Segundamano
Loquo

On Idealista you will only find apartments, whilst, in the other two, there are also houseshares listed.
If you don't speak Spanish, why don't you post an ad on this forum? Or maybe you can also post a request ad, in English, on those websites I linked above. Many people here speak English, and many will be happy to have an English speaker oin their home.

Will be happy to help you if you need more info.

A>

In Madrid is better to live near of the office if it is possible. If you canŽt do it IŽd recommend you a place with an underground stop near of your house.

Maybe for a young person the best places are in the center of the city Sol, Argüelles, Alonso Martinez.