What are good family areas to live in Dusseldorf

Moving to Dusseldorf with my husband and 2 kids in little over 3 months.  I have never been to Germany and now am looking for the following answers - any help is greatly appreciated.

1.) What areas in Dusseldorf are good for families, safe and still centrally located?

2.) Does anyone recommend a good school for kids there - I have a kindergartener and a 4th grader.  I have only header of the International School of Dusseldorf and wanted to see if we can find options

3.) Can anyone tell me what a typical rent for a 3 bedroom home in a good area might run?

Thank you for any and all of your responses.

Hello

I am a Portuguese mum of 2 and we are moving to Dusseldorf in 3 months to, did you have ansewers to you questions? Thank you

I live in Düsseldorf since few years. I know city very well. Let me list you all good locations to live here.

Unterbilk, Golzheim, Pempelfort, Derendorf, Altstadt, Oberkassel, Niederkassel, Kaiserswerth, Hafen, Carlstadt, Heerdt (away from industrial areas if chosen), Benrath.

Now most dangerous areas with higher criminalty rates than other are: Eller (in eller stirbt man schneller), Wersten, Garath, Stadtmitte, Flingern Nord and Süd, Bilk, Hassels, Reisholz, Hellerhof, Underbach.

In one word you should stay away from Düsseldorf South and East parts. You should also stay away from North-Eeastern parts of the city like Rath, Unterrath and Mörsenbroich.
Stay away from Neuss, there is a big Rapsöl production there and the whole city stinks. Ratingen, Erkrath and Hilden is tottaly no go, Eller is better so dont even consider that.

Oberkassel, Niederkassel and Kaiserswerth are the most expensive and prestige parts of Düsseldorf. Price for 3-bedroom are 1000+ there. The rest from "good" list are between 600-900. The "bad" ones start from 300.

Now, if you are not rich enough, remember that North is always better than South in Düsseldorf. And almost every area in Europe close to Main Stations are considered dangerous.

Hi Nizinha,

I'm also moving to Dusseldorf in July, I have 2 children and I m Portuguese too. Please, if you want contact me!
Best regards,