CV in malta

Hi all just wanted to check are CV's the same sort of lay out as in the uk or are they
done differently over here? Thanks x

i cant say that it is different - if it is it will be slight....and not to much to sorry about - but dont just send them out as they will often be ignored or binned - best to hand deliver face to face knock on doors...etc good luck

I had been asked to provide CV in this format:
http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/do … structions

That's what I was thinking. Thanks. This is all new to
me as my last 2 jobs I got head hunted. I will let you know how I go.

Spiridonov wrote:

I had been asked to provide CV in this format:
http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/do … structions

Thanks I will take a look

its one thing to be asked to provide a cv in a specific format but it doesnt follow that every one will - it will depend on the job provider. so i guess the watchword is if they want a specific format they will ask for  / demand it if not supply your own

Very true. Think I will stick to what I have.

there are professional cv writers etc here some of which are ex pats too.

I believe its best to use the Europass standard as Spiridonov said. At least that is a set standard/format..

do you really believe that malta's employers would even know what that is!!!!! theres a great many employers out ther on this island who dont even comply with tax and welfare laws or "putting their employees on the books" to avoid paying out in benefits etc etc etc>

I don't know what job the op is applying for but serious employers should know. And I have had employers requesting it in this format.

Mykur i am not doubting you or that some employers will ask for this format but i think the vast majority wont even know what it is.

I just mean that its best to still to a known format (granted maybe not so known in Malta), cuz this way you can be sure you will include all the relevant stuff employers might need and not like wonder what you might or might not need to include. Anyway the OP can decide for herself! I just stated my opinion :)

of course.

Thanks both of you. I was a nanny back in the uk so
I am not sure what I am going to do here.

Naz23 wrote:

Thanks both of you. I was a nanny back in the uk so
I am not sure what I am going to do here.

try initially advertising yourself and servcies offered in the jobs wanted section of maltapark... www.maltapark.com you might be surprised. its worth a try for sure.

Thank you I will take a look at that. I am really unsure what
I really want to do. I have been working in child care for 12 years
now and think it might be time for a change. Will see how I go
but if I don't find anything I will try that.

If you apply for a job with a high number of applicants (or for a governmental position) the HR probably will insist on a Europass-CV to be able to quickly sort out the CVs.

If you apply for a job with high qualification and limited competitors the HR manager will surely take the time to read trough the different formats of submitted CV - it's in "their" interest ;-)