Hello All. I'm New Here

Hello everybody. I'm new to the forums.

I think its a real blessing that we live in an age where people can exchange information in ways such as this. in forums.

Basically over the course of the next 2 months i will be preparing to MOVE to live in Paris,France.

Luckily i have some friends that i will be able to live with for 3-4 months. but ultimately i plan to try to find work and possibly get into a school (preferably a english university) there and finally find an apartment and support myself.

Again im lucky in that i have some people over there who can "show me the ropes" and a few contacts.

I'm an American and i think that i take alot of things for granted up until this point.

I've been going around to different websites and asking questions about what i should do to PREPARE myself. So far i have several challenges.

1.My Language Skills
Obviously one thing that hurts me the most is the fact that i don't know the French language. i have bought some audio tapes that are meant to help someone like me. And i will challenge

as the weeks go by i will be posting questions and reading other posts but if anyone can help me with advice it will be most appreciated.

Hi Bhayes -
congratulations on your upcoming move!
Do you have an Alliance Francaise near you?  If so, you can go there for language (and French culture) help.  It is probably too close to your move to take a class there, but they probably have a library with easy books that include a CD of someone reading the text.
Also, you could check into About.com's French language course - it has a beginner lesson that is 20 weeks long, via email. And it has sound files.
http://french.about.com/lr/french_lessons/383788/4/http://french.about.com/library/weekly/bltopicmenu.htm
good luck!
Julie

thank you! i try those links

Hello,

My name is Haffida, Im french and lives in Paris. Im looking someone for linguistic exchange.
I would like to improve my english because I need to be fluent if I want to work in american airlines companies as cabin crew

I will learn you French if you want

see you

Haf:D

Hi Haffida, you should post in the classifieds > language exchange ;)