Newark school or Chiswick?

Hi,
I'm Italian and I will move to Malta on September, I'm worried about the schools for my children!!
They will be 5 years old and 3, we've visited the St. Andrew school, the Newark and the Chiswick: the St Andrew is a very nice school and the head master is very kind, unfortunately is too far from home, 'cause we will live in Sliema, but I liked also the Chiswick. The problem is: how is really the scholl, could my shiny cild feel confortable there? Outside it seems all perfect, but then I read about bullyism and I'm worried. Are the theacher too strict?

Thank you!!!

Hi, Won't compare any schools but my two kids have been at Newark since 2011 and love it.. Settled in on day one and we have nothing but good things to say about the school.. Ok will admit it does not have the facilities like Chiswick but kids can do all this outside school anyway and its a chance to meet new friends.. Any questions  just let me know.

Thank you,
you've been very kind to reply at my post. Maybe I will think about it, I am quite confused, it happened that my husband had to work in Malta and now we are planning to go there too, but I've been in Malta only two days. I hope I will like to live there. bye!

Hi Satet,

can you please tell us why are you posting such bad remarks about Newark suddenly?

My children do not go there,but I know couple of families whose children are in Newark and they are generally happy about it. They might not have a playground (they have a small backyard for the nursery), but they are on the border of Sliema and Gzira in a new building and it is a very tightly built up area. on the plus side families who live in Gzira, Sliema can walk to school and do not have to spend long half hours or more in the car or minibus every day.
As I said we do not go there, but sometimes I pick up our friends' children and the teachers seem to be nice and caring.

Newark School Sliema is a very personal choice. It all depends on what you want from a school. Newark is small with kids from all walks of life. My kids are at school to learn and all the extras like playing, dancing, tennis, running, etc etc, can be done outstide schools hours which also gives kids a chance to meet kids that are not at their school. I have been very happy with the school for the last 3 years.

Hi all,

Some post has been moved to a private forum for the good running of this thread. ;)

Thank you,

David.