Would love to meet expats or english speakers in Cologne :-)

Hello international world :)

I'm a female German student and moved to Cologne last year in October. I have lived six years in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, one semester in Mexico and another one in Spain where I studied in English and Spanish.

Although I was born and raised in Bochum, Germany its kinda difficult to build an international environment here, which is why I am contacting you guys. I only speak German every day and really miss the Dutch, English or Spanish environment and hearing different experiences of a city.

If you need some kind of help with German, too many strict regulations or just want to relax at the Rhein and share stories with a couple of drinks, let me know! :)
I also would like to join you guys to one of the English-speaking Stammtisch meetings.

Have a good weekend, looking forward to meet you!

Greetings, Groetjes, Saludos

Hey ,
I am in Paderborn right now but would love to meet and hang around with you sometime in Cologne , may be we can join for drinks .
Wishes

Hello, nice to hear from you.

I read about the Thursday night out drinks here in Cologne before on this blog. I think that sounds like fun! You can also find this group on Facebook and join them.

Let me know, maybe we can join them on one of the Thursdays.

Have a good week.

Hey!

I'm also fairly new to Cologne, would be good to get involved :)

Steve.

Hi Steve

Welcome to Cologne :)

Yes its a good idea and of course you should join us.
I already suggested the Thursday night out drinks in Cologne but other ideas are welcome too. Maybe Fridays or Saturdays are better for you guys.

If there's anything concrete arranged please let me know :) Only thing is I'm away from 6th-15th back in UK.
But yeah Thursdays could work for me!
:)

Yes we will! I'm sure we'll find a time where everyone can. Have a safe trip! :)

Sounds good! And thanks, I will :)

Hey you,

I am from Cologne, but lived in the UK on and off for the last 3 years. I'll move back to Cologne in August and I would love to meet more international people there, especially wonderful British people of course :)

I find it very difficult to adjust back to the typical 'German' people, especially after having lived in the UK with very open-minded, supportive friends for so long, so I really really want to meet more international people, or well-travelled Germans, like yourself, as I have found it a lot easier to get along with those kind of people, to be honest :)

Looking forward to hearing from you very soon!

Jasmin

Hey Jassie,

Just noticed you're studying in Edinburgh, cool!
I'm back in Edinburgh on Monday if you fancied a beer or something, I just found this site a few days ago so would be good to get the ball rolling and meet some friendly expats soon :D

Steve

Hi Steve,

sounds good, any suggestions?

How long are you here for?

Cool, I'm there from Monday 6th and drive back Wednesday 15th.
Literally any day/night works for me! Perhaps Thurs 9th or Fri 10th? I don't know what the weathers like there at the moment, but if it's nice enough could go to the Peartree next to Nicolson Street, or even Lloyds at the Omni? I don't mind :)

I'll send you a pm, maybe we could WhatsApp and arrange something :)

Steve.

Hello, I am from the United States and will be moving to Cologne in September. It would be nice to have drinks with some English speakers.

Well keep in touch, we'll make it happen!

Where abouts in the states are you from? :)

Steve

I live in Kansas City, Missouri and have lived in the Midwest of the United States for my whole life, I have visited Canada and Mexico before, but never Europe and I am pretty nervous.

Hi,

sounds great, I spent a year in Indiana when I was 16. We definitely have to keep in touch, would love to hang out when you move to Cologne :)

Jas

Hi Jassie and Rbennett

Nice to see that we are getting more. :)
Of course we are going to meet up and we will show you around once you guys have arrived here. Until then maybe we can keep in touch through Facebook. I will send you my Facebook name via private message.

Good luck with your arrival and take care!

Hi! I would love to get together with other English or Spanish speaking people. Do you guys have a meeting date? @Acheron I lived in Edinburgh for a year, it's one of my top 5 fav. cities!!! @keepflying me encantaria juntarme!

Saludos to everyone!

Hey Kimita,

Edinburgh is a really beautiful city! Just a little bit too small though :P
How long have you lived in Cologne? Enjoying it?
I don't know of any meetings arranged at the moment, hopefully soon though!

Steve

I looooved that it was small! It's a small big city! I used to live on Lothian Rd. so everything was within walking distance! And there was always stuff to do and see, I really enjoyed it! Do you miss it? Do you miss haggis and ceilidhs? Haha haggis was interesting...

I've been here for about 2 and a half years already (wow, time flies). I really like it here as well.

Oh well... I'll be checking back every now and again to see if anyone organizes anything. Or if anyone here wants to go out for a beer or coffee, let me know!

saludos!

Hola Kimita

Yes I think we should all slowly try to arrange a group meeting somewhere in the center of Cologne.
I would suggest next week Thursday or Friday..? The 16th or 17th of May.

Let us know at what time and which place in Cologne you want to visit.

See you all soon. :)

Next Friday or Thursday sounds great, keep me posted :)

Hi All, I have just moved to Cologne. I am orinally fom Italy but I have lived many years in Ireland,UK,Belgium and I would love to meet international people.I speak fluently English and Spanish but not German ...sorry...

Are you planning to meet next week?

Giuseppe

Hi Folks

I think Friday is the better option for everyone because of the weekend afterwards. Any ideas about the meeting point?

what do we want to do? go for drinks or something?

Hi Welcome and nice to hear from you. Hopefully we'll have another english stammtisch soon, the previous one was very nice.

Is anyone meeting this week? Like on Friday or Sat?

hey i would also love to meet you this weeknd ? we can catch through E-mail if you would like to ?

Hello lapapillione:) -> An introduction please? :rolleyes:

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hey People

We already discussed that we are going to meet this Saturday in the city as Friday will be very difficult.
We could meet at Neumarkt, as most people know this station well and it's close to many bars and other metros'.

Well let us know then if you want to join us on Saturday, then we'll arrange a time. You can also send a private message so we can exchange contact details.

Hope to see you soon. :)

Viele Grüße

perfect! count me in! I'll pm you in a bit!

I'd like to join too. I tried to organise a meeting but somehow it didn't really took off :(

Anyway would love to join.

Hello!
that's a brilliant idea! I will be there!
I will call you on friday!

Elena

Hello count on me also...
See you soon :)
G

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new in Germany and I live in Heidelberg. I have heard Cologne is a pretty place , let me know if you have planned for anything i would love to join and make some friends :D. It has been 2 weeks and I must say Germany is treating me a little cold :)

Cheers,
Vish

Hope to see everyone tomorrow! At what time and where exacty are we meeting??

Hi Kimita

We are meeting at 19h at Neumarkt in front of Starbucks. I guess everyone knows where it is? :)
We were thinking to go a bar from there together.

For the rest, in case of lateness or transportation problems, it's always good to have contact details from someone and nobody needs to wait too long.

Looking forward to meet you all :D

great!
see u at 19.00 at Neumarkt!

I will be there...see you later..
G

I wished i lived in Cologne than in Heidelberg :(