Cost of living simple life

Dear members,
I have been offered job in Melbourne, and will be getting 457 visa by next week. I will be getting 11k AUD per month including super. I wanted to know that is this enough amount to survive in Melbourne after tax , 2 room house rent 30 min drive away from centre, grocery, utility payout and having a normal car on lease. We are family of 3 me, wife and 1 year old kid.  Will we be able to make some savings.

The tax will be around 30%. Rents are expensive in Melbourne, especially the closer you get to the City centre.
For cost of living check this website www.numbeo.com 

In general Australia is an expensive place to live. There are families that survive on a lot less than what you have been offered.

Doctors, dentists, school fees, travel expenses,fuel costs, groceries, rents and taxes will eat into your salary.
You will be able to make a tax claim at the end of the financial year which will get you a small amount of money back.

Depending on your lifestyle you should be able to make modest savings.

I agree. With an income of 11K a month gross on a modest lifestyle, you will do fine.

Ya no worries, there are lots to things expensive but you can find plenty of great deals for everything.