Perscription charges inmalta

hello to everyone, i have been an interested onlooker on this site for some time now, just taking all the info onboard for our intended move to malta in 2015. as you can gather we are in no particular rush but there are one or two issues that i could do with some clarification on.
1. mrs tupper has a regular prescription for a blood pressure tablet,just the one a day; as we dont intend to drive a car when we move to malta, hopefully ,it can stay at just the one a day.:D
could anyone tell me how the price of regular presciptions compare from malta to those in uk?
we do hope to find part time employment,so will,i presume be contributing to the system.
the other issues arefor another time. its been a long day.
just like to say how much i enjoy the forum ,and we are really looking forward to our next trip out to malta in september, staying in sliema this time,having done previous scouting missions to mellieha;qawra,and gozo in the last couple of years,so we are narrowing down our options.thanks for any feedback.    alf

alftupper wrote:

hello to everyone, i have been an interested onlooker on this site for some time now, just taking all the info onboard for our intended move to malta in 2015. as you can gather we are in no particular rush but there are one or two issues that i could do with some clarification on.
1. mrs tupper has a regular prescription for a blood pressure tablet,just the one a day; as we dont intend to drive a car when we move to malta, hopefully ,it can stay at just the one a day.:D
could anyone tell me how the price of regular presciptions compare from malta to those in uk?
we do hope to find part time employment,so will,i presume be contributing to the system.
the other issues arefor another time. its been a long day.
just like to say how much i enjoy the forum ,and we are really looking forward to our next trip out to malta in september, staying in sliema this time,having done previous scouting missions to mellieha;qawra,and gozo in the last couple of years,so we are narrowing down our options.thanks for any feedback.    alf

Alf......

with all these attributes:

http://www.johncrumpton.co.uk/userimages/Alf%20Tupper.JPG

you are just the person to succeed here. 

But seriously, Malta will be good for you and your wife, life as you know from your visits and experience is quite relaxed here so the pressure is off.  Please take in all the advice given by those with the experience of actually living here rather than speculation....... and meet with the ex-pat group when next here. 

By the way; what is the Number 2 issue?

All the very best

Mike

Your healthcare should be free, especially for medication for chronic conditions.
Read this:

https://ehealth.gov.mt/HealthPortal/chi … ltauk.aspx

and

Tel  0191 218 1999 (UK) for info and for RHA certificate from UK

alf tupper now that takes me back a bit...not as far as red and tearnet tho.....lol

:joking:

Red will be a bit more mature !

tearnet wrote:

Red will be a bit more mature !

Toon & Terry, what a double act!
http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/02/28/1226587/474989-statler-and-waldorf.jpg

Moi!

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve.php?size=1&id=3905249

I know!!   :offtopic:

i guess am the good looking one......

Is that a Newcastle tie your wearing ?

:whistle:

Perhaps we can have a "nothing specific topic"

:unsure

think that might be wolves gold and black...lol

toonarmy9752 wrote:

think that might be wolves gold and black...lol

Foul!!! Low blow.

nobody said anything about marquis of queensbury terry PMSL

Sorry about the delay in acknowleging the replies to my post,but have been away for a few days,[what,with hillrunning,trackmeetings,marathons and the like.] Thanks for the replies and to redmik for the link.
I have been doing a little research and I know nowhere is perfect but it appears to me the maltese health system seems to score quite highly. Is this the opinion of those on here and, does it compare well to say, the nhs in the uk. I know this is a very general question, as things do vary from region to region.
I dont want to tempt fate but when Mrs Tupper & I move over there, we will no doubt need to use it's services.

I myself am in rude health, a steady diet of fish & chips eaten out of newspaper has served me well for many a year and indeed is my recommended pre-race meal;)

Cheers chaps
alf

We have not had need to use it yet but everyone I have spoken to both local and ex pats, speak very highly of it.
Be prepared to queue in the health centres and hospital clinics though.

redmik wrote:

Be prepared to queue in the health centres and hospital clinics though.

Well, I don't think this only happens in Malta. Unfortunately, I have been to hospitals with my partner in places like Ireland, Spain, Portugal, etc and she always had to queue to see a doctor.
I have to say that I am very happy with the way she has been treated in Mater Dei hospital in B'kara. She was hospitalized at Mater Dei last Friday and just been discharged yesterday and to be honest, the assistance she got from there, was really good, nothing to compliant.