WANTED TO KNOW MORE ABT jordan

Hi, I'm GAURAV PANDEY from RAIPUR (Chhattisgarh) INDIA. I got a interview call from Jordan for RETAIL SECTOR. with a very low package 600 JORDAN DINAR. can u plz help me dear for letting me know regarding the expenses and living in JORDAN. The survival temperature and everything. is it easy to live there for us and everything.
As I'm married, No KIDS. is it safe to come along with my wife and can she also work there.
Plz suggest me dear. as I have no one there to ADVICE will u help for this.

Welcome gauravs26! I dont know much about the employment for your wife, but im assuming she would have to have some kind of work permit as well.  600 dinar may sound like a great income for locals in the retail sector, but I wouldnt do it.  If your  wife could secure a job of equal income you might be ok.
Some things are cheap, but less basic things are stupidly expensive in relation to what the average person earns.
Fresh produce is very cheap.
You can find cheap rent, but dont expect it to be nice and you must be willing to pay 6-12 months advance.
Clothing is really expensive and it doesnt matter the quality. If you do decide to accept the job offer, bring extra luggage with as many clothes as you can fit.
Medical procedures and Doctor care seem reasonable and sufficient.

Please note, I have never lived in Jordan. This is coming from someone who only visits.

I hope someone who is a local will advise you in a more detailed fashion.
Good luck with your endevours, and have a wonderful day.

Hi Gaurav ,,
I am from Jordan and living in Jordan , it is so safe to bring your wife with you . Life is suitable for families here poeple are kind , simple , educated .
I will be honest with you , the salary you have been offered is relatively low and not encouraging , life is getting more expensive and in a crazy way . If you intend to come alone you can save some money as you can live anywhere where you can find cheap rent and share it with other guys , but to tell you the truth this salary would be hardly sufficient for a local one who iwn a house or who gets support from his family but for you I don't think it is encouraging you can find a better offer somewhere else or let them maximize the offer into JD 1000 minimum .
Your wife can find a job here , if she got same salary as yours with total of jd1200 you will live a good life but don't expect it to be a lexury one .
Finally will clarify the average rent in medium area would be between Jd 250-350 for empty flat . And you will need to pay advance 6-12 months .
I wish you all the best and don't hesitate to ask any question I am ready to answer and support .
Regards
Wafaa

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for the REPLY and ur views.
I'm vry much thnkful to u for the advice u gave.. u r from CANADA I guess, its written in ur profile that u from OHIO.
CAN I find an opportunity in ur country for RETAIL SECTOR... I posses overall 6 years of work exp. in RETAIL industry with a vry renound BRAND of apperals (GLOBUS) & with a stability of 6 yrs.

Plz help me for finding job. If u can.
Do write me N be in touch.

Thanks
Gaurav.

Hi Waffa,

Thanku vry vry much for ur kind advice and views.
Wat to do, will u advice me to come there. I'll once speak with the RECRUITER regarding my SALARY issues.
but if they dnt consider, what will u suggest me.
If I come along with my wife want kind of job she can do with how much remuneration, she is vry educated she did M.B.A., M.COM and M.A. (Economics)and rite now working for a NGO (non government organisation) they works for the SCHOOL HEALTH awareness programme. plz can u suggest me which kind of job she can do..is there also some NGO's. or any organization.

I'll b really thankful to u, as I dnt know ny1 in your COUNTRY tats y I need a big help form u.
its not declared now in wchich city I would b visiting,also lemme know wch is more expensive and CHEAP city.
plz suggest me.

Regards
Gaurav.

gauravs26 wrote:

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for the REPLY and ur views.
I'm vry much thnkful to u for the advice u gave.. u r from CANADA I guess, its written in ur profile that u from OHIO.
CAN I find an opportunity in ur country for RETAIL SECTOR... I posses overall 6 years of work exp. in RETAIL industry with a vry renound BRAND of apperals (GLOBUS) & with a stability of 6 yrs.

Plz help me for finding job. If u can.
Do write me N be in touch.

Thanks
Gaurav.

Gaurav, Ohio is in the United States, but geographically near to Canada. I don't know much about work visas in the USA, but im assuming an employer would have to sponsor you and help with the visa process. Our laws are constantly changing and i'm sure you could get a definative answer if you visit the state departments website under business visa. http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_2664.html

Here are the names of some big retail chain companies around my area, but there are many more through out the United States:
Wal-Mart
Kohl's
Target
Meijer
Costco
K-Mart

You could google the company and if you are very experienced apply for Store Manager or Assistant Manager positions.

There are way too many clothing stores and categories to list. You could google mens clothing stores in the USA or Family clothing stores, womens clothing, kids clothing and find merchandise familiar to your experience and then do a job search for the companies that appeal to you.

As for your wife finding employment in Jordan, you may want to check this site out.;  http://www.dilloona.com/jordan-amman/im … anizations

I hope you find some of this information useful. Good luck and happy job hunting.

Elaine
thanx for all usefull information u shared wid me.
u r kind & helpful.
i'll definitely try job opportunities in USA.
Thanx agn.
Keep guiding me,i need ur support.
bye
gaurav

Hi Gauravs,, 
We have many NGO cpmpanies in Jordan she might be lucky to find a job she can search on the Internet about UN , save the children , search for NGOs in Jordan it would be great it she can find a job too.
The most expensive city is Amman other cities are much more cheaper but you know if you find a job in Amman you can live in cities which are not far away of Amman such as Zarqa , salt  these are away with 30-40 kilometer an transportation is available between cities .
You can find cheap houses in these cities too you would pay jd 150 for a flat rent which would be ok with you .
If you need any further details pls don't hesitate to contact me if you need to ask about your recruiter I could do it send me a private message .
Regards Wafaa

Hi Wafaa,

I appreciate u for being so kind & helpful to me.
Ok i'll definitely look for NGO jobs in JOB PORTAL site, do lemme know regarding the temperature and climate of JORDAN, is it esy to survive there, r there ny restrictions in living.. is it a democratic country, r the rules nd regulations easy for INDIAN.
because I have heard that its not easy to stay in MIDDLE EAST. and JORDAN is part of MIDDLE EAST rite.
Plz do suggest and also share some pics of JORDAN public's. so that I can easily come to know abt there LIVING, FOODING, CLOTHING etc... I guess u can understand my problem tat how NERVOUS i'm. as I do not knoe nythng abt the country.
Plz waffa do let me know abt urself, where r u frm, what do u do, since how many time u r there in JORDAN.. a brief abt urself. plz wafaa.. I need u vry much.. ur support and ADVICE.

Thanks & Regards
Gaurav.

Hello Gaurav ,, 
I am Jordanian and live in Jordan since of 20 years , I was living before in one of gulf countries . We don't have many Indians in Jordan but Jordanian poeple are so simple and educated . Jordan is not a rich country you will find most of the people around are working hard to live you will feel comfortable with Jordanian I am not saying that cause I am Jordanian but they are really kind trust me.
Wether in Jordan is great it snows in winter and weather in summer is good you might not need an air condition to survive but you will need some kind of heaters for winter .
Food is delicious it is an expensive country but if you know where to go for shopping you will survive too.
It would be great if you have medical insurance within your job offer as it is expensive some how .
If you decide to accept the job offer and come to Jordan I will support you with anything I can .
Wish you all the luck and the success
Regards Wafaa

Hey Wafaa,

I'm so happy to read u, and abt ur country.
Now I think I would be comfortable there & to survive there, thanks for ur support dear and ur suggestins for me r allways welcome.
kindly suggest me for living in city.
I'll let u know I few weeks, whether I would be coming alone OR with my wife, then the other search will b on. Now lemme know with rented flat how much it will cost nd everything.

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav.