Recruitment agency

Hello,

I am having some trouble with recruitment. I have one contract from AETG who will not respond to my questions. So I have not signed it. I have applied to Education experts in London who have an equally charming way of dealing with questions. Anyone know of any recruiters who are decent? Who can help me get to Saudi quickly and get me decent paid work in the kingdom? I would love to get some help on this.

Thanks in advance.

What kind of work are you after mate?

@Mystikal He's looking for a teaching job. 

@dafenius Unfortunately, there is NOBODY who's going to get you here quickly because there are mountains of paperwork.

I suggest you go to Dave's ESL Cafe Teachers forum (http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewforum.php?f=29) and read the feedback on the recruiters.

Good luck.

@Allie thanks genius!

Mystikal wrote:

@Allie thanks genius!

Nice to be recognized :lol:

One of my favorite quotes of all times comes from Oscar Wilde.  When asked at customs if he had anything to declare, he replied, "Only my own genius."  Love it! :D

Thank for the info. Why are they so secretive? They never did answer my questionsat AETG yet they expect me to sign a contract written in Arabic. It all seems a little strange to me. By the way, I love that Oscar Wilde quote too.

dafenius wrote:

Thank for the info. Why are they so secretive? They never did answer my questionsat AETG yet they expect me to sign a contract written in Arabic. It all seems a little strange to me. By the way, I love that Oscar Wilde quote too.

To answer your question, could be so that they can change the offer once you've arrived.  You see, recruiters get paid to deliver bodies and the unscrupulous ones do it 'by hook or by crook'!! 

Also know what you're getting into BEFORE you come here although it's really no guarantee it won't change once you're here. Companies change policies all the time and nobody is 'grandfathered' in (like in the US).  I myself got cheated out of some holiday time because once I arrived, they claimed it was a typo on the contract I'd signed!!!!  What could I do about it?  Absolutely nothing.

Thanks again,

I read a lot of horror stories about Saudi on here and other sites. What is it really like? I just want clean living quarters, set hours and regular pay. Like most people. What has you experience been?

@dafenius I run a small unit of professionals, Americans and British focusing on the working class in KSA. We have private clients to big multinational companies. We enhance their "Professional English" and assist them with day to day communication until they are confident enough to work on their own.

If your looking to teach in schools or universities then check out this link. The agency is called Skyline Global. They are not the best but they got me what I needed and quick!
http://www.learn4good.com/jobs/e/37540/employer/search/

@allie/ genius please bless us with your wisdom!

dafenius wrote:

Thanks again,

I just want clean living quarters, set hours and regular pay. Like most people. What has you experience been?

I had these things but then again, I had a rather unique situation.  I've heard the horror stories, too.

Alliecat,

I spoke with the guy at EDEX today. Is it normal to pay for the visa upfront and they reimburse you? Other than that what they are offering is much better than AETG. Less contact hours and better pay. I am hoping to move forward with this offer.

dafenius wrote:

Alliecat,

I spoke with the guy at EDEX today. Is it normal to pay for the visa upfront and they reimburse you? Other than that what they are offering is much better than AETG. Less contact hours and better pay. I am hoping to move forward with this offer.

Most recruiters don't do this.  However, if you do a search in this forum, you'll find posts by a woman who says those recruited by EDEX pay for their own visas and are reimbursed upon arrival. I remember she said she had no problem although, as I recall, I was vehemently against it lol

I *can* actually understand the recruiter wanting you to pay for your own visa as a way to test your commitment.  Many people bail at the last minute and the recruiters are stuck with the expenses.

Thanks for the link. Would probably need some more experience before I went for those Jobs. If I make it our there for July will I be teaching straight away? Thanks so much for replying.

dafenius wrote:

Thanks for the link. Would probably need some more experience before I went for those Jobs. If I make it our there for July will I be teaching straight away? Thanks so much for replying.

Went for 'those' jobs?  That link is about EDEX and ESL teachers.  Isn't that the job you are going for?

As for July, if you haven't yet done any of the necessary paperwork, I doubt you'd be here in two months.  It's possible but not probable.

Alliecat,

The jobs that I clicked on were looking for 5 years experience. I simply dont have that much experience. EDEX say that the two I have is the minimum required. I am new to this hence me coming on here and asking so many questions. I am a little nervous as i'll be going alone and know no one there. I understand i'll have to keep my head down and listen to a lot of nonsense but I had to do that in every job i've had. I have read good and bad things about pretty much all the recruiters. I think that some people dont understand they are in a conservative Muslim country and expect home comforts, I do not. I just want to teach.

dafenius wrote:

Alliecat,

I just want to teach.

But therein lies the rub ... ;)

Okay then,

Perhaps you could give me some advice on this.

dafenius wrote:

Okay then,

Perhaps you could give me some advice on this.

I did.. but via PM :lol:

You did!!