Japanese, New to Jakarta :)

Greetings everyone

My name is Jyouichirou ( Jyou ) and I am a Half Japanese who is a newbie in Jakarta.I spent most of my life away in Australia and Singapore, Shanghai .I have just graduated from an Australian University and is only been in Jakarta for a month.Since i am new here, I hope i can get to know some friends and enjoy my new life here in Jakarta. I can speak Japanese, English , Chinese and Bahasa Indonesia (not very good at it), But please teach me more on it :)

I do appreciate if anyone can show me around Jakarta or recommend any places i should go
here.
Cheers!!

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will make many new friends here

hallo Arayoo.

welcome to jakarta.
I hope you can enjoy your days in jakarta. because the Indonesian people are very friendly and polite. but you have a little patience, if you're traveling because Jakarta is famous for its traffic jams on the highway especially during the rainy season.

Nice to meet you.

Hi and welcome.
Maybe you could tell us about your hobbies and interests.
That way, you may find like minded friends.

Hi there, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find new friends soon :)

Hello thank you all.
My hobbies are travelling around the world and taking photographs.Currently i'm doing around Asia because indonesia seems really near from neighbouring south east asian countries.

in fact i'll be going to BALI next month!
anyway , is there any good destinations i can go around Jakarta?
probably a tourist hot spot or some place with great food :D?
any suggestions would be welcomed!

Cheers!

Arayoo wrote:

Hello thank you all.
My hobbies are travelling around the world and taking photographs.Currently i'm doing around Asia because indonesia seems really near from neighbouring south east asian countries.

in fact i'll be going to BALI next month!
anyway , is there any good destinations i can go around Jakarta?
probably a tourist hot spot or some place with great food :D?
any suggestions would be welcomed!

Cheers!

Go to Kota Tua or China Town. You can take picts of old building from the Dutch colonial aswell as local food.

Hi Arayoo :)
enjoy your stay !

Hi Jyou,
I'll be in Bali/Lombok by early next month for a week. I'm Indonesian but this would be my first time going there.
If your schedule matches, we can meet up, I can show you around or you show me around LOL. I can teach you Indonesian and you teach me some Japanese. I'm also an amateur photographer (who took mostly bad pictures).

If you plan to spend some time here and want to get to know Indonesia...get out of Jakarta! visit Komodo, Borneo, Natuna, Belitung, Raja Ampat, Yogya/Borobudur, Bromo, North Maluku (Ternate, Tidore, Jailolo) etc.

Hello Tempo,
Thanks for the offer. which day would you be in Bali? If the time is good, we can always meet up for a chat :) or perhaps go around Bali together?
sure, it would be a pleasure to teach you Japanese.

Yes, I have some people recommending me to go Belitung and Raha ampat. Maybe that would be my next trip!
Good night!

Hi Jyou,
I'll be there from 31 May-7 June. Lombok then Bali.
Yeah it'll be a great idea to explore Bali together if your time schedule allows.
Otherwise there's always the next trip :), just hit me up by then

okay :D
i'll tell you again if everything is confirmed.
thank you tempo

Hi arayoo , welcome to Indonesia? are you in Jakarta now?

hi, yes, i'm working in Jakarta right now

HI ARAYOO , where do yo live ? I am randy , I live in Jakarta Utara (nORTH) I like to learn Japanese... hehehhe

I live in Jakarta Utara too. Nearby PIK.

Wow is near with my home , do you work in PIK Too . In there a lot of chinese company ...... I live in Pluit .... heheheheheh

Do you like Jakarta ? With the trafic ?

hajimemashite watashi wa jemmy desu  indonesia jin desu

Hi Jyou,

you in PIK now? try gold coast area, and get culinary explorer in seven sins restaurant, very recommended..enjoy..

jemmy sutanto wrote:

hajimemashite watashi wa jemmy desu  indonesia jin desu

Hajimemashite jemmy san. yoroshiku onegaishimasu :)

Hi Princess :).
Thank you for your recommendation.
I have passed by that restaurant several times, but i have yet to try it.
is it good?

Hello jemmy sutanto & Arayoo -> Could you please both write in english on this English Speaking forum so that everybody can understand? ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi, Jyou.

Please check out the link below:

[Moderated: No free ad please]

If you need a driver/tour guide in Lombok, you can contact pak azis.
Hope it helps.

Explore Kota and Kelapa Gading for food. Try "babi guling" or "nasi campur" if you like pork.

Have fun :)

Thank you for your recommendation.
Unfortunately the forum blocks the link you sent to me >_<

hi