NI HAO ? Everyone. PLEASE HELP! XIEXIE

I am now learning 2 dialects of Chinese , Cantonese and Mandarin , one year deep in so far, however I learned/heard from a Chinese man from Beijing [ that I met here in my neighborhood] that Chongqing has its own dialect , he was not sure how different though he said he could not fully understand someone from there. I will continue my studies to be able to speak the previously mentioned fluently and have found a person from Chongqing on WYZANT.COM , will utilize their services when I can in future , till then any thing you who know or already live there can share would be much appreciated.

OH AND I AM GLAD TO HAVE FOUND THIS GROUP [I'm so excited can't you tell , i just started talking [dueh bu qi], learning speaking not pin-yin yet , hahaha! found out about this group from CHI-CHI's twitter page I found. [lovely ,smart younglady] anyway cant wait to meet you all. got many questions about me being a 53 yr old black man in Chongqing , been to Japan[lived] , Philippines[lived] , Guam[visited] and now I want to live some years in China.not married

Darrell Robert Martin I [DEE]

Min.D.R. Martin I

Hello Darrell Robert Martin.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Thank you young lady , glad to be here. :D

I'm chinese,and i live in chongqing,I didn't go abroad,but in my work, we have to conmunicate with the foreigner,my english is not very well,there is no problem to tell u, my friends,where is the most beautiful place in chongqing,and how to get there,in the last two years,I must have go all beautiful place,so if you have some problem,U can send the message to me,and I can give u some tips.have fun in chongqing!

Thank you , XieXie.

I know all your dreams will come true because you are helping others dreams come true by sharing valuable information , I am really so happy you responded to my post.

I plan on moving to Chongqing in a year , and am in process of getting visa/passports and housing , I do not know for how long I will stay , maybe 5 years to life , if I find love , we may go back and forth. I have an intended one there so I may do whatever she wants , if she want American life or to teach me Chongqing life.She is not able to tell me differences in dialects as she doesn't know mandarin , and we need translator when on phone.

Though I still need to understand Chongqing dialect's differences to Mandarin in which I am now learning , any comments on this Jane?

BLESSINGS!

Waiting excitedly to hear from you...

Darrell

The differences of chongqing dialects from mandarin include follow aspects:
1、the chongqing dialect have Modal Particles,for example,in chongqing dialects,zhe jian shi ni hai bu xiao de suo,bue in mandarin,u should speak like this zhe jian shi ni hai bu xiao de ya?,this two sentence means that have u get that news.words like suo so many in chongqing dialects,such as ha.sha.wa.
2、in chongqing dialect Pronunciation,they don't Distinguish between the ci pronunciation and the chi pronuciation,sure, there are so many words like this in chongqing dialects, for example,zi and zhi,zuo and zhou, zai and zhai.

if you want to know more, just find a local people to chat.there is another method, u can watch the chongqing Television program.maybe u can learn it quickly!

good luck for u,my friends!

GREAT INFORMATION! Thanks so much , this is all sooooo interesting and FUN for me!

You are great thank you so much , enjoy 2013 , may it be the BEST most prosperous year of you and your loved ones lives...

I would love to know some main chongqing channels [i have RABBITTV.COM] heehee , i found none labeled from chongqing but maybe broadcast  from near city. [just a thought]

thanks Jane Xue

I will pick your brain [ask you more] later , be good , be happy!

Darrell

Chinese is so easy … and so difficult!
1.The grammar is simple and intuitive,
2.A small number of characters is far enough for the daily use,
3.Writing is not anymore an issue with computers.

However, even the advanced speaker will feel difficult to read and understand completely Chinese news or specific reports. And as your social network will increase in China, you will discover it is hard to understand really the conversation between Chinese!

Why?
1. 5,000 relatively common characters to learn is a quite difficult work!
2. Many proverbs (成语, 歇后语,…) are commonly used.
3. Many cultural references (典故, 诗词,…) …
4. And so many foreign names to learn in Chinese!

A complete new world, its own food, its own culture…

You may try ownote.com, it is an innovative and really useful to improve your Chinese skill. (free system)

ownote.com will help you:
1. Support you in reading:
   -  Just click on a word to read its definition and save it in your words list,
   -  Segment the text into words to clarify the structure,
   -  Ask a question to the forum if it is still unclear.
2. Your own vocabulary list:
   -  Review all the words or expressions you saved,
   -  … and the original context where you have seen them.
   -  Accessible from any device
3. Select you interesting articles:
   -  Be subscribed to different news feeds that ownote updates:
      *  News headlines,
      *  Selection of insightful articles from Chinese medias
      *  and many cultural themes (food, proverbs, history,…)
   -  Save the texts you want and share them with others

I hope you like it, and it will be helpful for you.

THANK YOU YANNPING!

Great and valuable information , thank you so much for this input , just some of the questions i had concern for answered! 
I am happy you took the time , you are making it easier on my future friends in China , not having to explain everything to me , hahaha!

Darrell   : )

--
-