Current Recruitment Situation in Dubai

Hello Mr. Said,I'm currently looking for a job in Dubai. I am female massage therapist /50 years old. There is any chance to find a job an my age? Kind regards

To live and work in Australia is my dreem ,but its so dificult to find a job surfing in internet and even expensive to go there.I was looking to take a course there /Remedial massage courses ,but i was shoked from prices in massage colleges.  I am from Bugaria, the pures country from Europe Union. Our standart of living its so low,wage too. I am in Malta now to work. Malta is  with  high standart of living,but when employs understand  i am from Bulgaria ,they pay very low wage,even under minimum. They dont care that Bulgaria is ready 7 years member of EU and i have a rights . They know -Bulgaria is pure country and treat Bulgarian people as a sleeves from Sparta. Modern sleevary  :)

hi saud,
im totally confused with my Cv... can u plz check it out and correct t. i can send it to ur e-mail id. by mean time plz refer me a job k.. thanks

Thank You Ahmed, I am Marco and I will follow your suggestion. Please let's keep in touch. Ciao

hello , i have read your recruitment importunity article completely . i understood all of your rules and regulation .i really preferred it . i am interested  to go to Dubai .if any vacancies would open at your company such as marketing manager, accountant , supervisor etc i would like to attend on  also like to give an interview in front of you . thank you.

aslam-o-alekum '
welcome
i don't know much but you can go to dubizzle.com
here u can fine many jobs regarding your age
i saw many jobs of female massage

thanks

Thanks Saud for this valuable information regarding job situation in Dubai.
Can you please help me find a job in Dubai.I am intending to visit Dubai very soon but I am now 46  years old and fear that may be no company going to select me for being over age.

Saud1979 wrote:
BellaSooma wrote:

Hi Saud ,,

Thanks for the information .

I'm currently looking for a job in Dubai if you can help me in that ?

Thank you

Im PM'ing you my official email ID.. you can send me your CV there..

Regards,
Saud

Hi Saud,

I am also looking for a finance job in dubai, kindly assist me if you can

many thanks

Judy

.Hi saud,
I'm looking for an job in Dubai, I can speak Arabic, French, English.

Can you help me please to find a job there. I would like to show you my CV.

.thanks

.Hi saud,
I'm looking for an job in Dubai, I can speak Arabic, French, English.

Can you help me please to find a job there. I would like to show you my CV.

.thanks

Hi,

I am java developer having 6 years of experience. Is it good idea to come Dubai on visit visa for job hunting?
How is IT market in Dubai now? I really want to work in Dubai.

Hi
Thanks for sharing valuable information especially for newcomers like us. Do you mind sending me an email n we can take it from there?
Mine is [email protected]

Appreciated :)

Thanks for sharing the info. Also tell us about current situation of hiring in oil and gas companies . Like m a geologist with only one year xperience.

Dear All,

With time, things change, scenarios change, climates change and hence the 'Current Recruitment in Dubai' has also changed.

I will write another blog on todays scenario and best possible routes in getting a job here in Dubai, soon.

Sit tight and wait..

Saud

eagerly waiting mr .saud

Hi, how are you?
I'm from California and use Teleport my job agency for help. I have 20 plus year experience on sales and marketing.
Its that a bad move?
Thanks

I hope i can type fast and did good job in UAE....actually how can I do this one or...pls

Hi Saud,

Thanks for such a valuable information...it was helpful indeed. I wanted to know how is the banking and financial job market in Dubai (operation and not sales) and which are the consultancy I can contact for jobs in this sector. Also I am planning to visit Dubai somewhere around 1st week of October, I wanted your advice if that will be an ideal time for job search in UAE market also if you could help or give some more suggestions on how I should move forward on this.

Regards
Robin Thomas

Hi Saud,
Thank you so much for your information.
I want to relocate to UAE and your help will definitely go a long way.
Thank you.
Olawale
Oyinlamiatyahoo.co.uk

Dear All,

Its about time I did some justice to the post I wrote ages back. Things have moved on since then, Markets fluctuated, Expo 2020 awarded, New Projects getting developed and extra Sectors making there way into Dubai.

Job Seekers, Dubai is still a test. No matter how educated you are, No matter how many languages you speak, No matter how 'Team Player' driven or 'Multi Tasked' you may be, Dubai is still going to test you hard! Doesn't matter if we have crossed the terrible phase of '09 - '13, life in Dubai will remain vulnerable and quick, its YOU who can make a difference, and not the Corporate you work for.

Dubai has always been a paradise for 'Multi Tasked' Professionals. Its always been easier for such skills to get placements. It's also a place that requires 'YES' at all times. Back Biting, Office Politics or Relationship Advantages are all parts and parcels of Global Corporate Culture, it is ideal for you to stay away from these, but unfortunately, to stay alive and in job, one has to take necessary guidelines to keep up with Environment.

Freshers, you need to chalk out a plan before you start applying for vacancies. You might have to start with something you haven't studied for. With time, you will start feeling comfortable on various job roles, and eventually land up at the best possible fit for your career. This will require patience and dedication, use it wisely and leave the rest on positive future perception.

Dubai, is a place were there are multiple mediums of applying for job. Create Professional profiles and stay away from stupid email IDs. Again, use LinkedIn and other Job Boards/Networking Portals Professionally. This may be your only chance in securing a Job.

If you can 'Financially Manage' yourself according to your situation then landing at a dream job is most likely on the cards. If you are a heavy spender then May God be with you, because, I see 'liabilities' on your bank statement. Dubai will treat you well if you treat your pockets well. Save as much as you can, and spend as much as you cant!

2016 may be a slow zone in Job Placements, so Job Seekers coming on Visit Visa be prepared to be patient. It is ideal to travel to Dubai in the 1st Quarter of 2016 and look for a job. Otherwise towards the 3rd and 4th Quarter of 2016 may be ideal to come here.

At the end, be who you are, don't try and be someone else. Your a different person, concentrate on getting your skill sets marketed. The Competition is tough, so stay on the Ground and don't try and fly too high!

Good Luck!
Saud

Saud1979 wrote:

Dear All,

Its about time I did some justice to the post I wrote ages back. Things have moved on since then, Markets fluctuated, Expo 2020 awarded, New Projects getting developed and extra Sectors making there way into Dubai.

Job Seekers, Dubai is still a test. No matter how educated you are, No matter how many languages you speak, No matter how 'Team Player' driven or 'Multi Tasked' you may be, Dubai is still going to test you hard! Doesn't matter if we have crossed the terrible phase of '09 - '13, life in Dubai will remain vulnerable and quick, its YOU who can make a difference, and not the Corporate you work for.

Dubai has always been a paradise for 'Multi Tasked' Professionals. Its always been easier for such skills to get placements. It's also a place that requires 'YES' at all times. Back Biting, Office Politics or Relationship Advantages are all parts and parcels of Global Corporate Culture, it is ideal for you to stay away from these, but unfortunately, to stay alive and in job, one has to take necessary guidelines to keep up with Environment.

Freshers, you need to chalk out a plan before you start applying for vacancies. You might have to start with something you haven't studied for. With time, you will start feeling comfortable on various job roles, and eventually land up at the best possible fit for your career. This will require patience and dedication, use it wisely and leave the rest on positive future perception.

Dubai, is a place were there are multiple mediums of applying for job. Create Professional profiles and stay away from stupid email IDs. Again, use LinkedIn and other Job Boards/Networking Portals Professionally. This may be your only chance in securing a Job.

If you can 'Financially Manage' yourself according to your situation then landing at a dream job is most likely on the cards. If you are a heavy spender then May God be with you, because, I see 'liabilities' on your bank statement. Dubai will treat you well if you treat your pockets well. Save as much as you can, and spend as much as you cant!

2016 may be a slow zone in Job Placements, so Job Seekers coming on Visit Visa be prepared to be patient. It is ideal to travel to Dubai in the 1st Quarter of 2016 and look for a job. Otherwise towards the 3rd and 4th Quarter of 2016 may be ideal to come here.

At the end, be who you are, don't try and be someone else. Your a different person, concentrate on getting your skill sets marketed. The Competition is tough, so stay on the Ground and don't try and fly too high!

Good Luck!
Saud

Well said. Would't agree more.

Wonderfully written! (Both articles)

Echoing all and everything Saud said (he has covered all aspects and actually there's nothing much to say,) I would just add a couple of tips ,

Aspiring people who are planning to come here- you need to very well remember that you are planning to come on a job hunt and NOT a leisure visit, so what you need to gear up is to get into the job hunt as soon as you land. No rest. Its not about the number of places you cover in "Dubai" and checking in all the social media platforms with this selfie and that selfi to show off  that you visited here and there- Just skip a beat and do those ONCE you secure a job. Forget it, while you are adding filters to your selfi in dubai, there are hundreds of others who are sitting down with a paper and a pencil and circling walk in interviews that are announced for the other day.

What normally happens is one comes, and then meet old friends, go a pub round, go with them here and there and you just realize one month of the visit is almost down and not solid progress of employment.

Another topic- Gulf experience; This is what the majority or 90%+ of the employers look for. So don't let yourself be too comfortable that you have an upper hand at a job because you will realize all those years in your home countries mean next to nothing at an interview. And sometimes even when you stand in a queue at a walk in interview, sometimes the coordinators will come and announce "we are only looking for gulf experienced candidates" and you will find yourself cursing them and going back without even facing an interview.

As saud rightfully mentioned, it is a test - and elite of the elite lands one. If you think you were the employer of the year / top performer in your department in the home country for 6 years. You will find yourself in a queue with the same skilled set of hungry candidates waiting to run with you...maybe even more number of years of experience under the belt. Sounds scary but fear not- what you need to be is have an understanding that its competitive and you have to have your A-Game at all times.

The CV (Have a pro photo in white background and in business suit..! not a tshirt please..even this counts), Dress sense, everything counts, and practice the interviews, research about the companies when you get a call from them, and always go fully prepared. Do a study about the companies' industry, their competitors and structure your answers as to how you will help them generate more business, more sales or more customer satisfaction..(insert whatever the job role is expected to deliver ).

And be prepared with rock solid, unique answers when you are being questioned,

"Ok tell us something ..what do you know about our company?"
"Why should we hire you?"
"What are your strengths and weakness?"
"Do you have any questions for us?"

All in all , try  your best to practice and add unique things into your arsenal of nailing an interview, and leaving a solid stamp in the minds of the interviewers. (Unique to yourself and about you..not the cheesy one liners that are being offered when you google phrases)

Again referring to Saud's info, he has mentioned the ideal quarters for a job hunt - even I echo the same. One might think certain things that are mentioned sound somewhat discouraging but they are not. What we highlight is that its competitive and you have to be fully charged with Optimism, Energy and prepared to Run around ..because you are about to start THE HUNT.

Wish nothing but the best  and great hunting!
Raju

Thank you so kindly for your view points. I can't agree with you more. I am sure am better equip now for the job search in Dubai now.

Thank you for your helpful post. It helps me to have an overview of Dubai recruitment situation.
Hope that you will deliver more articles like that.

HI SIR I AM A MECHANICAL ENGINEER ,I NEED A JOB IN UAE   PLS HELP

Hi I recently registered in this blog and found the assessment that Saud posted a bit while ago. Wandering if there is any change in circumstances and if anyone can shade some light on the current job condition....I am a Bio statistician (M.Sc.) with 12+ years of experience in Canada. Looking forward to move to middle east (UAE or Qatar) with similar position in near future. Any help/suggestion would be much appreciated regarding job search and application process.

I would be happy to share my resume if required.

Thanks in advance
Mahmud

MMCanDoha wrote:

Hi I recently registered in this blog and found the assessment that Saud posted a bit while ago. Wandering if there is any change in circumstances and if anyone can shade some light on the current job condition....I am a Bio statistician (M.Sc.) with 12+ years of experience in Canada. Looking forward to move to middle east (UAE or Qatar) with similar position in near future. Any help/suggestion would be much appreciated regarding job search and application process.

I would be happy to share my resume if required.

Thanks in advance
Mahmud

Saud Already updated the current conditions in job hunt in the UAE from his last post dated the 10th October. But however looking at your experience and profession, you did get a good start and great company to work with. I suggest you start applying on the many online jobs outlets while you plan on a visit to the UAE.

I am interested in settling in Dubai. I am a mathematics and physical sciences educator. I have recently completed an IT degree with UNISA. I have a couple of guys who recently went to teach in Dubai but they are economic with details on Dubai. Hope u will assist

This is a very informative, concise and well written article Saud... I appreciate you taking the time to write it and give everyone else a clear picture of the job situation in Dubai and the frustrating moments when most people click on "Apply now" and "submit CV" to any random job with the hope of getting a call back at least! :)

You mentioned a very tactical approach to job hunting.. making custom CV's for specific jobs. I've even gone to the extent of modifying my entire CV before applying to a big company/firm. This is really useful because a lot of people are willing to take up jobs that aren't exactly their area of expertise, but they're confident in doing justice to the new job role...