A DAY IN THE LIFE

It was such a beautiful day yesterday and a great day to spend on Sosua beach with visiting friends.  Seems everyone enjoyed yesterday as NO ONE posted on the forums at all.

So happy Wednesday to all!

Bob K

Not for me - brutally busy day!  IT was challenging.

I remember when I had to work for  a living and a 14 hour day was a short day. :D

Hope you unwind a bit today.

Bob k

Not a chance, more of the same.  It is made worse by the fact the  owners wife is here and she is a jealous cow......  wow.  What stress!!!

Hope she has a return ticket ....soon!!!!

Bob K

Manana honey,  one more sleep is all I need to get through!

Wow Planner, you better hope the jefe's esposa
isn't on here! :)

Nahhhh and I would not actually care honey!  Seriously  would not.............

Sounds like the kind of person  you want to have a "going away party" for.  After she goes away you have a party!  :D

Bob k

A jealous cow with an empty udder makes for a mean enemy.  Take care sweetheart, you are too good to lose.  Have some beers & dace, a sure way to wash away the sh..t.

Saving the dancing and partying for tomorrow =  she leaves and its my birthday.....  yup 39 again boys.....   I have plans for tomorrow -  being lazy,  hitting the beach and going dancing!!!!

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!

Bob K

:D Happy 39th birthday!! I wish you a joyous and prosperous personal new year!   :D

And let me add you look great for 39 :D

Bob K

Thank you very much!!!!   39  is starting out great!!!! I slept in!!!!!

Have a great birthday!
Long weekend too!
WooooHoooo!

Thanks and all you with a day off -  well its cause of my birthday!!!! LOL  National holiday for ME!!!!  Seems fair to me.

Oh it is a hot one today.  Currently at the airport it is 93F with a heat index (what it actually feels like) or 105F.  Now that is hot.  Off to the pool to cool down.

Bob K

I was at the  airport in Santo Domingo today - bloody hot here too and its only June!  We are in for a hot summer!

Clouds have shown up and now a comfortable 84F

Yes this may be the hottest summer in a while and last year I thought was hot

Bob K

Last year was hot!!!  Setting up to be hotter this year.

93F with humidity at 70 to 80% is normal for June here, then it gets hotter in July, August & September.  High 80's & low 90's until late November.  After that it can get into the 20's & 30's.   I empathize   with you.   However, I'll choose the heat over the cold anytime!  No close neighbors so I don't have to wear clothes unless I'm working on one of my projects, woodworking, gardening & such.   Safety & keeps the sawdust out of the crack of my butt. I built a large roofed over deck, set up a mister, that with ceiling fans makes it tolerable.  If it is really bad, I go to the pool by the clubhouse. Needles to say living in a 55+ age restricted trailer park, neither one gets much use.  Slow progress with my vision after the operation.  Doc says full results can take up to 6 months.  I have no choice but to wait,  it sucks. All of you be careful with this heat. Easy to become dehydrated. No warning signs at all.  R/C's & beers DO NOT hydrate you, only lots of plain water.   I know this all to well.  2 years ago I spent 3 days in the hospital with heat prostration & dehydration. Try not to eat very heavy meals s they use a lot of water to digest them.   A blessing to you all from the Tinker.

Sending some prayers your way for your eyes! Meanwhile, keep cool.   :cool:

Thanks Pammy for your thoughts.   It is the keeping warm tht is hard.  30+ years in the islands, I like the heat.  Easy to get cool & bikinis year round.  Estoy Viejo si, pero,  no pendejo!

Glad to  hear the vision is getting better.  Healing can take a long time (especially for us old codgers) but as long as every couple of days has some improvement then  you are moving in the right direction.

Good luck

Bob K

Look after those eyes brother.
They are the only 2 we have!
Safety glasses or goggles all the time!

Tomas, I lost vision in one eye 5 years ago.  You can be damn sure that I'm taking good care of this one.  For someone s active as I am,  it can get depressing to not be able to do so many things.  The docs assure me that all will be fine.  Just very frustrating to have to wait so long.  Thanks, looking forward to some cold ones in Manny's with you.

Today is not a good day. Last night Tiny died.  She had been with the vet since Friday and I got a friggin text message this morning saying she died.

I am really sad about losing her, she was a pretty awesome puppy but had health issues.  She was almost  5 months old. I am hugely upset about how this was communicated to me.

Yeah, pretty inconsiderate Planner.
Hang in there Gypsy.

Thanks Thomas.

So sorry to hear about your dog Planner. Definitely not a very heart felt approach to delivering the news. Hang in there. Better days are ahead :(

Thank you!!!!   It was not a good way to hear it and just made it tougher!  I will be fine...... it just needs a bit of time.

I know the sense of loss.  It might sound heartless, but get another pup immediately, NOW.  But , don't get one from the same source.   No sense in trading one pain for a potential next pain.   If it isn't a pound adopted pup, spend the time, energy & $$ to get a healthy animal.  Sound cold, but actually will warm the cockles of your heart     I learned the hard way with dogs, horses & girlfriends.    Hunger is best satisfied with a slow cooked meal.  ( most of the time anyway )   Your pain & sadness is a shared one with many.  Dance some dances & drink some beers for & with Tiny..

Thanks Gypsy,  but I prefer to wait a week or two, not too long before getting another one. And no more  purebreed dogs,  I am getting a mutt.

Mutts make great companions.

Planner so saddened by you losing Tiny.  Pretty shitty way to find out.  But bedside manner is not a strong suit for vets or docs here.

We will  give our Rottie an extra hug tonight.

Bob K

Thanks Bob.  I was doing okay until I came into the office this morning and realized she was never  going to greet me again with her whole body vibrating with excitement!  Just back in tears again. Its amazing how we get attached!

I know how your feel.  For Pat and I they are our children.

Bob K

She was Bob, I got real attached real fast.

Ok a real lesson I patience today.  I think for Xmas this year I am going to take up a collection to buy every "service" person a watch so they can learn what an hour is.

Today our internet went out at noon or so. It made it especially hard today as my Mom was rushed to the hospital in New Jersey with a blood clot in her lung.  I had no internet and no phone (magic jack).  Just my cell.  So anyway we called the office and were told they knew about the problem and it would be fixed in an hour.  We called again at 3 and still it would be an hour.  I went down the main road at 4:30 to find the repair man. Actually 3 trucks and 5 guys milling about.  when I asked them....yep it would be running in an hour.  So at 7:30 we had our internet back.

Wow a 7 hour one hour time frame. 

Like I said it would not have been a big deal any other day.  Today however was different.

Bob K