Income Tax

Dear All,

Can someone please tell the percentage of INCOME TAX for an individual (Expat) that needs to be paid to the government in Bangkok.

Or normally what is tax deduction (in percentage) that applies to an individual (expat) in an organisation that offers monthly salary THB100k++

Thanks...

NMK

Try this link:

http://www.thailand-accounting.com/incometax.html

Good morning!
I am very new to this whole forum/blog thing, so I apologize that I am changing the subject. I have tried to email you "straydog" but I am unsure if I was successful. So here goes.
I am hoping you actually get this message as from what I can see your post was from 2010! My husband and I have relocated from the U.S. to Cotacachi, Ecuador and are now wanting to relocate from Ecuador to Thailand. The problem is I can't seem to get any straight answers from the Thai consulates. I have contacted the Thai Consulate in Ecuador, Washington D.C. and New York. I am told different things each time.
1. We have to each file the O-A long stay visa and we each have to meet the financial requirements.
2. My husband can file the O-A long stay and I can file the O visa, then only one of us needs to meet the financial requirements.
3. I am being told I don't qualify for the O visa as I have no Thai relatives living in Thailand.
You actually seem knowledgeable as you are the only person that actually posted a statute to back up your claims. We can easily afford to meet the requirements for one, but not for both. I don't want to give up my home here in Ecuador and travel that far only to find out we don't meet the financial requirements! It is also not fair for you to bear that responsibility, so is there a place within Thailand that we may contact that would give us correct and  trustworthy information? Preferably that speak English?
I also have many other questions to ask so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you in advance!
P.S. It is great that so many people are so willing to spend their time to answer so many questions!
Sandy

The problem is I can't seem to get any straight answers from the Thai consulates. I have contacted the Thai Consulate in Ecuador, Washington D.C. and New York. I am told different things each time.
1. We have to each file the O-A long stay visa and we each have to meet the financial requirements.
2. My husband can file the O-A long stay and I can file the O visa, then only one of us needs to meet the financial requirements.
3. I am being told I don't qualify for the O visa as I have no Thai relatives living in Thailand.

To answer your visa question I would need to know your ages to give an accurate answer and best advice. Do you intend to "retire" here or will one person be working for example?

By way of example if one of you qualified for retirement in Thailand(age + income) they could arrive on an O visa and extend their stay at Thai Immigration(we call this a retirement extension) the other person can arrive on a Non-Immigrant O visa and qualify as a dependant of the retiree.

ONLY one qualifying income is required but it MUST relate to the person using retirement extension since evidence of source could be requested by Thai Immigration. 

For your informaton Thai Embassy/Consulates worldwide WILL give different answers to visa queries.

There is plenty of ACCURATE and up to date information available via Mr Google. Many of us blog including me:

Here are a few relevant links for you to read:

O or OA Thai Visa

Conditions or issue of Thai  O Visa from UK

Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs-OA Visa

Thai Police Order(in English) fo Extension of Stay

The Thai Police order above outlines all reasons for granting an extension of stay in the Kingdom of Thailand and coditions that apply to them.

Hope that helps.

I'm local Thai people (therefore my English is not quite good ^_^)
Please copy and paste as link below :
http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html
(The Revenue Department of Thailand is similar Internal Revenue Service[USA])

... Latest updated (FY 2014)
Taxable Income
(baht) Tax Rate
(%)
0-150,000  Exempt
more than 150,000 but less than 300,000 --- 5%
more than 300,000 but less than 500,000  --- 10%
more than 500,000 but less than 750,000 --- 15 %
more than 750,000 but less than 1,000,000 --- 20 %
more than 1,000,000 but less than 2,000,000 --- 25 %
more than 2,000,000 but less than 4,000,000 --- 30 %
Over 4,000,000 --- 35 %

Tax deduction?
a lot of --- Donation for academic, Sport (2 time), Buddhism temple (1 time).   
            --- life Insurance premium (1 time) exclude accident In, travel In, Health In cannot be deducted.
            --- Social security (Actually)
            --- Provident fund (Actually)
            ---  +++
            You have to prepare evidence (receipt or certificate) for proof with authorities.

don't forget take the Withholding tax for credit your final tax.

If you want to request for tax refund , you should submit tax filing as fast as possible because it is long time for waiting (by tax authorities process).

For more information you can search data by yourself or contact 1161 (Thai tax authorities , If you dare 55 )

Good luck ^_^

If monthly salary THB 120,000 or (yearly = 1,440,000) how much income tax i should expect to pay? Is it full 25% on 120,000?? or do you have to calculate by slabs?
Thanks!

canada2006 wrote:

If monthly salary THB 120,000 or (yearly = 1,440,000) how much income tax i should expect to pay? Is it full 25% on 120,000?? or do you have to calculate by slabs?
Thanks!

Firstly you don't need to post the same question in 3 different forums.

The link has been provided to you previously : http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html

You have all the progressive tax rate in chapter 3 to do your calculation. You put all of this in an excel spreadsheet and you will arrive to basic 225,000 THB tax for single without any deductions !!

After the basic calculation for single tax payer can be reduced if you are married, have kid, etc....( all explained in chapter 2.2 allowances and deductions ), that means your total income 1,440,000 THB will be reduced this will affect the last progressive rate of 25% only as it is between 1M and 2M

You can find some app for iphone or android to calculate Thai income Tax

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Promoting your own services on the forum is viewed as free advertising and is not allowed. Please register your services in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct