Syrian IT Programmer looking for a job in Malaysia

HI,

Post your resume in MONSTER.COM.MY and JOBSDB.COM you will get mails.

5000+ job applications, really? I think the answer to his failure lies in that statement already.

And also, IT expert and still not even putting the effort to advertise himself here but instead letting a friend do it!? Are you also helping to apply for these 5000+ jobs?

Farm, if u have got nothing to help with , better stay quite..

maghrabii wrote:

Farm, if u have got nothing to help with , better stay quite..

First of all, congratulations on your first post. Second, ever heard the saying "practice what you preach" ? I didn't see your comment very helpful either so why did you bother? Or was it perhaps just a lame way to bump the thread?

Anyway my comment was actually meant as sort of an advise even though you didn't get it. But let me spell it out a bit more clearly so even you will have a chance to understand.

When I say that the failure lies in applying for 5000+ jobs i mean that because of the following.

There has not even been a total of 5000+ jobs available in Malaysia+Singapore that matches the profile in the last 1.5 months. Or even 6 months if you so will. I had a look at jobstreet malaysia & singapore now, the total amount of jobs available under IT-Software is 1424+1582 (software engineers specifically are 825+728). These numbers also include internships.

Sure you might have found additional 2000+ jobs somewhere else but I find it very hard to believe that anyones (in the whole world) profile would match ALL of the advertised jobs under IT-software.

My recommendation is to apply for jobs where the employer actually cares about your specific skills and not just applying for every job you can find that has the word software in the title. "spam" applications ar very easily detected by employers and doesn't give a good first impression.

Spend more time on each application and apply for less jobs rather than spending basically no time on each application and applying for everything out there. I guess you could say that this is one of the most fundamental things in job hunting.

hey farm
its true what magrabii said,,,,better keep quiet rather than try to justify your comments

5000+ job applications, really? I think the answer to his failure lies in that statement already.

And also, IT expert and still not even putting the effort to advertise himself here but instead letting a friend do it!? Are you also helping to apply for these 5000+ jobs?

Farm, i did not mean to offend you at all, and i m sorry if i did. but i could sense sarcasm in your comment, and regardless of how many application the Syrian guy sent, you should never prejudge people, we do not know what his circumstances are...:)now i got 2 comments