Is electricity included in rent / free for some apartments ??

Hi All

Finally am here in Manila .. :)

Got to meet one of my old friend who happened to move to this place already recently. In the middle of some common conversation happened to notice that they got their electricity bill waived due to some reasons which she couldnot understand cause its in filipino language.

Can some body shine a light on this topic .. is electricity included / free with some accomodations. For more information she stays in the long apartments in renaissance 1000 , meralco ave.

would be thankful if i too get a chance to know such apartments exist so i can enjoy cool air from ACs  in this hot country :D lol..

Most electricity bills are not included when it comes to apartment rentals.  Only time they are included are if you stay in hotels or serviced apartments like Oakwood, Ascott, Somerset, Fraser Place to name a few.

bkurala wrote:

Hi All

Finally am here in Manila .. :)

Got to meet one of my old friend who happened to move to this place already recently. In the middle of some common conversation happened to notice that they got their electricity bill waived due to some reasons which she couldnot understand cause its in filipino language.

Can some body shine a light on this topic .. is electricity included / free with some accomodations. For more information she stays in the long apartments in renaissance 1000 , meralco ave.

would be thankful if i too get a chance to know such apartments exist so i can enjoy cool air from ACs  in this hot country :D lol..

i cant say anything very accurately ......... but i have heard that there is some recent reform in the elec bill system according to which they have already charged higher earlier ....... so they are just compensating that amount ......... as soon that amount will be compensated they will start sending the bill ........ !!!!!

there are no condos in makati (atleast of which i know of) which dont have electricity, water and building charges ...... in most cases building charges is settled by the owner and other 2 aare borne by the tenent ...........

happy living in Philippines ................ cheers ........ N-Joy !!!!!!!!

sonabeta wrote:

happy living in Philippines ................ cheers ........ N-Joy !!!!!!!!

thank you .. actually am looking forward for little cooler weather ... expected to be little cooler than where i came from.. but to my surprise its too hot here than i ever spent my life anywhere .. :(

thank you for response .. but i think its like what sonabeta said .. maybe they are waiving off due to previous high charges .. hope it continues for a while :D lol ..

anyway thanks for sharing the info :)

Hi!  It depends on your arrangement with your landlord.  But most of the time cause electricity is expensive here it is not included in the  rent, thus, you have to pay on your own.