Considering Moving To Qatar!

Hi guys im currently working in Saudi Arabia but thinking of moving on to Qatar and was wondering if anyone has any information on what it is like to live and work there and if the social life and night life is good.
I know it is less restricted than Saudi which is what I am looking for.

Thanks for your help :)

In terms of living here it's much better than Saudi Arabia and as far as I know better income. It is more fun to live in UAE or Oman or even Bahrain in terms of activities and night life, but here is not bad also. What you can do is come for a short vacation and try it out yourself before you make a decision.

Hey there,

Life cost is expensive comparing to Saudi Arabia, especially when it comes to rent a place to live in. Night life is good if you to to clubs and so on, but don't expect much like Dubai or Bahrain.

Social life is pretty good, you might have a slight problem socializing with the locals due to their poor English language (not all but most).

I hope you'll get a good offer that will cover your expenses and will help you save!

Qatar is not so different with Dubai everything is fun here if you know how to live here and know every details of what you want to do here.Night life is also can do in Qatar if you know places and good time here.You can contact me to arrange all of it.

I just came to Qatar from Saudi Arabia (4 days back)
It's a small place as expected but bustling with lots of activity. One thing you will immediately notice is there are a lot of women drivers. It was a sight I missed when I was in Saudi Arabia.
Cost of living is expenses. For e.g. Almarai 2 liter milk pack that costs SAR 7 in Saudi Arabia, costs QAR 12 here.
You will find lots of foreigners here and won't have any problem socializing. Don't have to wear Abaya and shops don't close during prayer time.

Hi there,
how are you,
Well I been to Doha for 2 times in business trip...
Yes there is a social life if you are connected with the right people...
I am from Cyprus and I most propably been there end of May!!!!

We are considering moving from Saudi Arabia to Qatar as well. The salary offered is 500 R more than we are paid here. The housing accommodation is 6000 QR is it enough to rent a nice place for a family of three or four maybe? And if you exclude the night life and Abaya, is other stuff better then here? Is the costing of life that different and expensive? And can I work as a doctor if I come on my hubby's Visa? And did anyone shipped their stuff to Qatar? How much did it cost? I know way too many questions but we really can't decide if its worth it or not, but I really would love to drive lol
Thanks everyone I will appreciate your help :)

Alstroemeria wrote:

We are considering moving from Saudi Arabia to Qatar as well. The salary offered is 500 R more than we are paid here. The housing accommodation is 6000 QR is it enough to rent a nice place for a family of three or four maybe? And if you exclude the night life and Abaya, is other stuff better then here? Is the costing of life that different and expensive? And can I work as a doctor if I come on my hubby's Visa? And did anyone shipped their stuff to Qatar? How much did it cost? I know way too many questions but we really can't decide if its worth it or not, but I really would love to drive lol
Thanks everyone I will appreciate your help :)

Yes it is definitely expensive than Saudi Arabia. Petrol here is around 0.80 QAR per liter while in Saudia it's 0.45 SAR per liter.
Similarly shared accommodations which are around 300 SAR per month in Saudia starts from around 1000 QAR here.
Is that 6000 QAR rent per month? If yes then I guess it will be enough for you.

Thank you so much for your response. So I guess 500 R won't cover the difference? And is it worth moving if you consider other stuff? Are expat wives allowed to work with no issues?

Alstroemeria wrote:

Thank you so much for your response. So I guess 500 R won't cover the difference? And is it worth moving if you consider other stuff? Are expat wives allowed to work with no issues?

Yes 500 QAR per month is very low for accommodation. A 2BR home will cost at least 2500 QAR per month here.
No idea about expat wives but I guess it is same like most other other countries where you need to have your own work visa.