Ask About Working Permitt & EP Singapore

Hi,

I just have an offer from some Telecomm Company to work in Singapore for initially 3 months contract with possibility of extension.

The employer tried to apply an EP for me last friday and got rejected, because of my education level, only diploma.

I understand that the minimum education level required there is Bachelor, but i earn 7800 SGD.

Now my employer is about to apply me a working permit for 3 months, and he said that will Re Apply a new EP.

My question is;
1. Is it Legal for me to work in SG with Working Permitt as a Professional worker? because some of my friend said Working permit is only for unskilled person, and i will have big trouble when trying to apply EP.

3. What is the best to do to appeal my rejected EP Application?

2. Can I Apply EP during my stay in Singapore with Working Permitt?

Your reply will very much appreciate.

Thanks,
FM

why dont you ask MOM?
Ministry of Manpower?

I am currently in Jakarta, and Employer is also not in Singapore, they are hiring a local Agency to proceed my Work Permitt/ EP,

I just want to know if it is good to work in SG with Temporary Working Permit and still able to apply an EP.

Thanks,

Hi fmurdani,

Did MOM tell you the reason why they rejected? Your salary SGD7,800 per month is quite high in Singapore.

As a diploma holder, You will be eligible for S pass and If you have over 4-5years professional experience with diploma you still could be eligible for EP. WP is normally for SGD<2,000 per month for service or hospitality job so you may not be permitted.

Have you checked your eligibility for EP through SAT(Self Assessment Tools)?
sat.mom.gov.sg/satservlet

SAT is quite accurate for EP.

Does your company is small ? big? local? or MNC?
This factor also could be affected.  How many years experience do you have?
What sort of job do you do?

Hi Jinho,

Thanks for you reply.

I have 7+years experience in related job, I will work as Telecomm Consultant for Starhub (Mobile Operator in Singapore), but i will work/ in Contract with an Agency based in Malaysia and the pointed local agency in SG to proceed my permitt.

The reason my EP got rejected is my Diploma education, and they said its strictly mush Bachelor..

I also have abroad experience (Canada, South Africa) I even able to secure USA Work Permitt 2 years ago.

I spoke with the agency many times tell him and ask him if Work permitt will be suited for me, and he said yes, its ok for me to use temporary work permit, and wont have any issue in the future.

Now, is that true if i go there with work permitt then i will able to apply/appeal EP?

It seems like the agency does not have a quota of S pass. As a diploma holder you are eligible to get S pass instead of WP.
note that S pass is pretty much same as EP.

3months contract could be problem because EP is normally permanent job based.
The agency is offered $7,800 SGD but 3months contract on your employment letter?

Hi Jinho,

The contract between me is initially 3 months, but there is Big possibility to work on the project up to 2 years.

not sure how did my agency submitt the application to MoM.

WHat visa do you think is best and legal do you think for my case?

Hello Dear,
That means you have huge experience ragarding telecom industry. I have some relatives in jakarta, Cikarang.

I am Diploma And B.sc Engineering holder.

Can i get ur email id plz, i am coming singapore next month with EP and will visit jakarta after 6 month ?

It will be great to meet with you there and here. :)

Hi hatiar,

Your reply is out of question!