EResidence Appointment fixed

Hi to all,

as like the others on the forum i would also like to share the fact that i was given an appointment for the eResidence certificate.

So, i after i read "Roking Ken's" topic yesterday, I sent an email late afternoon asking for an appointment for applying for the eResidence certificate. To my surprise i received a reply this morning with a date mid-October.

It thinks that things are back on track with all this mess. Unfortunately all the previous emails i had sent weeks and months ago have been ignored and October still seems far away but anyways at least i got an appointment.

I am also attaching this part of the message i got because it seems to be of interest for some folks in here:

" Also note that once you apply, an interim document will be given to you to use until the actual card is issued. The process for the card takes between 4 to 8 weeks, however the interim document will serve such purpose."

Yep its fixed - That is the email I received yesterday.

See Below ---

Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all we apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Kindly visit our website http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHA-Information/S … dence.aspx Kindly bring along all the necessary supporting documents plus any photocopies.
As regards to the below request:

Your appointment is for Monday 30th September 2013 at 10.45am (for both of you)

Also note that once you apply, an interim document will be given to you to use until the actual card is issued. The process for the card takes between 4 to 8 weeks, however the interim document will serve such purpose.

Thanks and Regards

SMeddie wrote:

Hi SMeddie,

I did not get the '(for both of you)' on mine

Your appointment is for Tuesday 17th September 2013 at 8.00am

Think I'll have to fire off another email to confirm it is for the two of us.

Ken

Rocking Ken wrote:
SMeddie wrote:

Hi SMeddie,

I did not get the '(for both of you)' on mine

Your appointment is for Tuesday 17th September 2013 at 8.00am

Think I'll have to fire off another email to confirm it is for the two of us.

Ken

Hep

To avoid any issues - I think its a wise idea to reconfirm that its for both of you!

Thanks

it is for both, I had the same.

they assume that if you are married or have a partner then the partner will attend. Otherwise its another long wait

J.

scubaboy wrote:

they assume that if you are married or have a partner then the partner will attend. Otherwise its another long wait

J.

So just leave it as is and drag the wife along with forms A and ID 1A completed along with photo copies and original documents of:

Marriage Certificate
Birth Certificate
Passport

Have I forgot anything??? :/

Ken

Rocking Ken wrote:
scubaboy wrote:

J.

So just leave it as is and drag the wife along with forms A and ID 1A completed along with photo copies and original documents of:

Marriage Certificate
Birth Certificate
Passport

Have I forgot anything??? :/

Ken

Here you go for - Employment/Self Employment- CEA Form A

Supporting Documents

- Original and copy of passport / Foreign ID card (Bio data page only)
- Original and copy of ETC engagement form issued by ETC or work contract

EU nationals who are taking up employment in Malta as self employed:

- Original and copy of ETC engagement form issued by ETC
- Original and copy of Trading Licence issued by the Trade Department
- Original and copy of VAT registration certificate issued by VAT department
- Original and copy of document showing Tax registration certificate number issued by the Inland
Revenue Department
- Original and copy of document showing National Insurance registration number
- Business document showing the business address

NOTE:
Original documents will be returned to the applicant; Copies will be retained by the Department.

From - http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHA-Information/S … dence.aspx

Thanks

FYI

Please ask ''Ricky or GnG'' about Heath Insurance and entitlement.

Thanks

Woow  sounds amazing guys! Im about to send an email as well concerning an eresidence appointment. Hopefully Ill get a response as soon as possible! Thanks for the tips :)

Well I just send them an email, but it keeps saying there is an error. That the email doesnt exist! Did anybody else have this problem? I used this email: [email protected]

hope you guys can help.

hmmm just heard a snippet that further changes are afoot - in that it may well be that these cards can be applied for by post and thus no need to got to Valletta... we shall wait with baited breath

Candi26 wrote:

Well I just send them an email, but it keeps saying there is an error. That the email doesnt exist! Did anybody else have this problem? I used this email: [email protected]

hope you guys can help.

Try eresidence.mfa[at]gov.mt; apparently they're using [email protected] for sending but not for receiving. I've sent mine to the mfa address two weeks ago and didn't get an error. Still waiting for a reply though. Good luck.

Hi :)

I sent an email two weeks ago to get an appointment for the eResidence (we are still in Denmark but we are coming in August). Since, it takes such a long time to get an appointment we are out early because I have to enroll my son in a school and of course then I'll get cheaper bus fair, electricity bills etc.

I got a reply from them today. In the email it said:
EU Nationals need no longer call at the Department for an appointment to make an application for the Residence document.  The application can now be sent by post.  Apart from the required documents indicated on the application form (refer to attachment) one is to produce also 2 photographs passport type which should be endorsed on the back by a public officer not below the grade of Principal or analogous grade, a profession person, a Minister of Religion or any other person of similar standing.

I'm a bit confused now because I can't apply at the moment since, I don't have an address in Malta. This means that I can first apply when I get an address in Malta and that's first when I arrive, plus I need to enroll my son in a school. If it takes so long time to get an appointment, then it must also take a long time when sending in the letter. Any suggestions on what to do? :)

Does anyone know what forms I should send (I'm studying in Denmark through e-learning and I have two children under 18)???

Does anyone also know what they mean about the passport photos? "produce also 2 photographs passport type which should be endorsed on the back by a public officer not below the grade of Principal or analogous grade, a profession person, a Minister of Religion or any other person of similar standing."

It might have been better for me to receive an appointment instead because then I could enroll my son and maybe Arriva might also have accepted it.

Have a nice evening :)

mada3 wrote:

a Minister of Religion

mmm, look forward to seeing the definition of that

We went to the office in Valletta on Tuesday to make an appointment as we had had no reply to our emails since February. We arrived there at 7am so were some of the first in the queue. By the time they allowed us in there must have been 50 of us. After a long wait and a staff meeting behind closed doors a very efficient woman came out and made the announcement that 'from today onwards appointments are no longer being made'  She gave my husband and I the correct forms for our status and very pleasantly told us to go home, fill them in and attach the passport photos (can be endorsed at a police station) and then to post them. The people that had appointments for the day were then given numbers that appeared to override the appointment times they had and were sent to room 6. We did not stay any longer as tempers in the passages were very frayed..... :rolleyes:

How do you prove that your ID is being proceeded, after you have sent the application to them?

exactly - this sounds like another farce in the offing....

And what happens to those of us who have appointments booked for later on in the year?

rainbow3 wrote:

And what happens to those of us who have appointments booked for later on in the year?

in the words of Father Jack ?

"drink" lol

toonarmy9752 wrote:

exactly - this sounds like another farce in the offing....

I suspect your cynicism will prove spot on

toonarmy9752 wrote:

"drink" lol

direct from the ministry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_Dcl2aUzsc

Well, I had an appointment booked for the 27th of August and I not sure anymore what should be the next course of action. Will they contact the people who already appointments booked and inform them of the new changes?...I doubt it!

I wonder if I should go back there or just try to find out all the forms I will need, and send everything by post...A bit confused what to do now :rolleyes:

mantonas wrote:

Well, I had an appointment booked for the 27th of August and I not sure anymore what should be the next course of action. Will they contact the people who already appointments booked and inform them of the new changes?...I doubt it!

I wonder if I should go back there or just try to find out all the forms I will need, and send everything by post...A bit confused what to do now :rolleyes:

I am also asking myself the same question. Just looked on their website and I cant see any details.

Thanks
Meddie

Ohh well, I will probably just wait some more time until things are bit more settled and calm, and then will decide what to do next. Hopefully, further news will come out in regards to this matter.

Let's wait and see :)

SNAFU..............no official announcements so it's............NFM

Unfortunately still no luck! I tried eresidence.mfa[at]gov.mt but still get an error. Ill have to check other sites or i might call them about this. I hope this is fixed, because I need dont want to make the appointment when I get there (september 1st). Thank for the help anyways!

well it seems once again not a lot of thought gone into this.

so you print your forms assuming you can-complete them copy all the required documents for your application-do you send your id card and res certs-if so what do you use for id inthe meantime-if not do you copy them and send them-supply the photographs, they used to do that so that they would always be of correct format and style layout etc-how do you collect the new id documents-or do they send them out to your address-if the latter and have still got the old ids what do you do with them-are you legally obliged to return them or destroy them-are you to be held responsible if they get into the wrong hands-i thought the whole idea for this was to simplify matters and curtail the trips to valletta

once again lack of communication seems to prevail.....pee poor planning rules supreme OIM.