Appeal or Re-application

Hi everyone, anyone can help answer my question.

Ive been waiting for my appeal for two weeks now, and MOM has updated us they they will get back in two weeks time.

Time is a much consideration for me right now since I'm running out of resources already and Self-assessment tool indicates success for EP application that is why I'm thinking to request my employer to cancel appeal and send new application to expedite result.

My question is
Considering MOM response. Does it make any difference when I cancel it and send new application. Which one has a higher chance of approval.

Thank you

Hi,

In order to advise you I need your all details below:

1.Salary?
2.Education?
3.Work experience?
4.Nationality?
5.Size of company?
6.what sort of job?

You have mentioned your are eligible for EP through Self assessment tools since you found another employer or previous employer which was rejected?

Self-assessment tool is quite accurate as I know.

jinho

1.Salary? 4500
2.Education? Engineering
3.Work experience? 6
4.Nationality? Fil
5.Size of company? dont know the exact figure, more than 300 personnel in singapore (40 years local company operating in 8 countries abroad)
6.what sort of job? Project Management/Coordination

You have mentioned your are eligible for EP through Self assessment tools since you found another employer or previous employer which was rejected? (since i found new employer)

Self-assessment tool is quite accurate as I know.

I assume your previous job offer was lower salary than current offer so I recommend you tell your previous company to cancel and then apply newly for the current company. If your reason for rejection was low salary.

I read from the news today that MOM is trying to increase the salary requirements for EP

EP salary thresholds will be increased from July 2013. Details are not publicised yet, but it is unlikely to affect the OP, as his salary (S$4500/month) is far from the current threshold (S$3000/month).
Nor is it likely that low salary was the reason for rejection.

An EP (and its appeal) takes as long as it takes. There is no rule, I have seen anything between a few minutes and several months. For an appeal, however, longer means better - an appeal that is obviously without merit would be rejected very quickly!
Just be patient and wait a few weeks. You can return to your home country until the EP is granted if you don't have the financial means to stay in Singapore.