Where to rent a Motorbike for a longer time

Hello,

I'm thinking about renting a motorbike during my stay here in HCMC let's say for half a year or longer.
Does anyone already have experience in renting a motorbike for a longer time and could give an advice where to go?

Thanks a lot

Eluelf

I have been renting my motorbikes from Patrick and Natalie. I found them in the classified pages of this blog (I cannot give contact details but you should be able to find them on here easily enough). They do various bikes at very reasonable monthly rates. It is all very informal and no quibble and seems to be the cheapest I have found here or on Craigslist.

If you want to rent a motorbike for a longer time, i thing you should to buy a motorbike. The price for a  good motorbike same $500 (motorbike old) - $1000 (new motorbike).

Chi Cafe in Pham ngu Lao are one of the better places around. Expect to pay around $60 per month for a Yamaha Nouvo or similar.

If you're only going to be here six months, don't bother buying one. Why put yourself through the hassle of maintaining it etc. here and then having to sell it at the end of your time here.
It's not worth it imo.

laidbackfreak wrote:

Chi Cafe in Pham ngu Lao are one of the better places around. Expect to pay around $60 per month for a Yamaha Nouvo or similar.

If you're only going to be here six months, don't bother buying one. Why put yourself through the hassle of maintaining it etc. here and then having to sell it at the end of your time here.
It's not worth it imo.

While Laidbackfreak was posting this, I was also working on a post which was much more lengthy, but said basically the same thing. My internet connection went out just as I was posting, and I lost it. So I'm not going to spend more time writing it again. But as he says, check out Chi's Cafe. I rented mine from there for much too long (because I liked her and she took care of me as a customer).

[Moderated: Please post an ad in Classifieds]

u can contact to me [email protected]

Hi,

If you will stay here more than long time, the best way I think you should buy motobike, just need about 300 usd you can have it, it's cheaper than rental.

if you want to buy, you can come to Phan Dang Luu street in Phu Nhuan district or Hung Vuong/An Duong Vuong street in district 5 to buy.

Hope you can buy the suitable one.

Just go to Pham Ngu Lao street, De Tham or Bui Vien street, Didtrict 1. So many shops offering this service.

A Duc Cafe alley 18a Nguyen Thi Minh khai st dist 1 or 0903818687 have many motorbike for rent .
Cheers

They are selling a motorbike cheaper than you rent one within 6 months, besides you dont have to worry about damage; you own it so you can re-sell. Thus, why not buying?

JulesVn wrote:

I have been renting my motorbikes from Patrick and Natalie. I found them in the classified pages of this blog (I cannot give contact details but you should be able to find them on here easily enough). They do various bikes at very reasonable monthly rates. It is all very informal and no quibble and seems to be the cheapest I have found here or on Craigslist.

I agree with Jules. I have rented from them and was satisfied. Good rates, good bike and very easy to deal with. The website is saigonbikerentals dot com

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Contract me [email protected] :)

The only problem with some agencies recommended here is that you are responsible for all repairs.
I had a bike for just over a week and had to replace the front wheel bearings. So  that might be something to consider. What was to be a cheap rental turned out not to be.