Vietnamese birth certificate for child born to unmarried parents

hello there,

I was hoping someone out there can tell me how to go about getting my partners name on our babys vienamese birth certificate. We are both foreigners, have another child together and I am here as his dependant. I have been told that it is technically possible but suposedly not. If that makes sense. You need to provide proof that the father is the father and it can be done without a DNA test. Has someone been there done that and can tell me what they did?

thanks
Kirsten

Looking for the same info. Any updates?

Hello, sorry to say that despite jumping through all the hoops. Getting affidavits, providing proof we live together, pictures of us together with our other child and a bump and a newborn, swearing on our grandmothers graves, that only my name is on the birth certificate. I'm not even sure it is standard practice to have the fathers name. I was told 'in Vietnam only mothers name'. But despite that it was relatively easy to get a British birth certificate.

Thanks so much for comment. So is your partner British?  He had no problem getting birth cert with both names? Thanks again