New member with a passion for all things Greek

Hi. I am a journalist/author who went to the Mani region of the southern Peloponnese for a long adventure and found a wonderful unspoilt region and warm-hearted people. I would love to hear comments from other Grecophiles about how good life is in Greece, despite the crisis, and how you have survived austerity. This is a personal request, and not for an upcoming article.

Welcome to Expat.com MargaritaMac :)

Thank you,
I look forward to sharing a few thoughts with others about Greece in the coming months. A few laughs would probably be good too, given that the country has had its share of worries. Regards, Marjory

Hi, maybe we can meet one day to experience their coffee,  Greek people know how to enjoy a coffee.

Hello MargaritaMac,

I can't answer at your message but I want to write that I love this country.

Peloponnese, Kalamata is just the region where my husband and I plan to invest our new life in Greece....

I remember a picture I took just before entering at the region of Mani to visit Cap Tenaro : 'Last pump station'....
Wonderfull, amazing, so pure and so hot...

Maybe one day it'll be the day to invest my future live there. I hope it so much...

Good luck for your personal request.

Hi there,
Thanks for your reply. I hope if you come to the Mani region you will be very happy. It's lovely, unspoilt and the people are very friendly. I have a website with a lot of information about the Mani and what to do there, if it's helpful to you. bigfatgreekodyssey.com
Good luck with your future plans,
Margarita

Thanks to you Margarita, I've just looked at your website and links..interesting things....
And what's about jobs in this region ?

Hi,

I don't think it's easy now to find jobs in the Peloponnese now or anywhere in Greece, even Athens, because of the crisis, especially if you don't have fluent Greek.

If you depend on finding work for your new life in Greece you will run into trouble I fear. So many people are now unemployed in Greece as you know. But I wish you all the best anyway,
Margarita