Job offer Vilamendhoo Island Resort

Hey everyone,

I am from Luxembourg, and recently graduated from a school in Switzerland.
Last week I was offered a job at the Vilamendhoo Island Resort and I wanted to check if anyone knows this resort and can give me some info about how it is to work there, how the staff accommodation is and also a lil about the life in general in the Maldives.
What can I expect and what are some things I should think about before deciding to move to the Maldives.
I already read a few discussions here, so what I know so far is: no parties, no alcohol and paying attention to what ur wearing.
I would also like to know how many hours I should expect to work during a day. And when is weekend day, I mean the "normal" one?! Sunday?!

Thx a lot for your help! I appreciate!
Greetings from grey Luxembourg... :)

Tessy

No parties? no alcohol? not in every resort... maybe not in the open, but ^_^
Resorts are different than local islands.

Week what? ^_^
Nope, no week end when working in a resort, one day off a week if you are lucky.
Expect some long day at some moment of the year.

I don't know for Vilamendhoo, but usually you share your room with another person. It's usually a single room, with a bathroom attached.
Staff accomodations are usually well hidden in the middle of the island, away from the guests, with all the other amenities a resort need to work properly (generator, laundry, incenerator etc...).

Good luck :-) and enjoy the Maldives!

Thank you very much for your comment!
Is Vilamendhoo far away from Malé?

Hi Tessy!

It's about 86 kilometers from Male, the capital, to south west.
I just checked it from Google Earth.

Have fun!

Patrick

Dear Tessy,

I know this is an 8 month old thread, but I have just got an offer from the same resort and was wondering if you are currently there? If so, how is it like?? I have three days to consider the offer.

Cheers,
Dominique