Seeking job Metro Manila and meeting new friends :) Im a newbie here..

Hello everyone,

I'm new at this forum.. Let me tell you something about me.. My name is Michael Dayawon Dijkmans and I live in Holland at the moment.. I'm planning to move to Phils upcoming June.. I work currently as a social worker for the Salvation Army. I'm looking for any job in the Phils just I settle myself in Manila.. I'm half Filipino half Dutch.. During the years I visit the Phils for many times to be with my friends and family.. I really fall in love with the Phils and I want to help our community.. I'm still learning tagalog but I can speak fluently English and Dutch.. I hope someone can help me or give me some advice from fellow expats and locals who are already in the Phils..

Maraming salamat po :)

Of course, we will help you mate

Hello there, Filipingping! Are you looking for a job along the same line as your current job? Maybe you can look at UNjobs.org for advertisements for Manila jobs.
Or what sort of work would you be willing to do? If you are fluent in another language aside from English,  you can work in a call center or a BPO company. Factset in Taguig is looking for multilinguals all year round. Good luck :)

Hi, what does Factset exactly does? Is it some sort of Forex company?

Based on what I've gathered from those who have worked for Factset, they interpret financial documents. They analyze financial documents and at times translate them from a specific language to English.

[moderated: no free ads please register your company in the business directory]

hi Let,

Thanks again for the info ;-)

hi my name is Jay..i am also planning to go to the Philippines by June. Like you I am also looking for a job. I am in Hong Kong right now. I was hoping to make some friends while I am heading there. So thought of saying hi and see if maybe we could be friends?..let me know if you are interested.

cheer mate,
jay

Hi Jay,

Welcome on board  :)

This is an old thread. If you have any questions pertaining your project, you should create a new thread on the Philippines forum and read the articles in the Living in the Philippines guide.

Best of luck,
Bhavna