Heading to Quito from Cuenca

I have 9/14 days planned out now for the remaining 5 days.

I am hoping I can get some suggestions from you guys. Should I fly from Cuenca to Quito which would be a lot less seat time on the bus, or should I spend  a couple of days taking the bus from Cuenca and see more of the sites of Ecuador (stopping at Ambato or wherever). Or just get to Quito settle down and see the sites Quito has to offer.

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hans

I wish I could answer this question for you but this is really a personal preference.  A bus trip does sound fun if you have the time and desire to see all the places along the way. 

If you should desire to explore Quito once you get here I will be happy to help.

Mike

Thanks Mike
Once I figure this out I will let you know.
Hans

I think there's not much to see between Cuenca and Quito. But it's a personal opinion.

You can stop in Riobamba, the town is OK but you can explore the Chimborazo volcano.
Then, from Riobamba you can go to Baños de Ambato. Is a very touristic place, nice weather and plenty of adventure activites. Also you can see the Tungurahua volcano in action.

If you're interested in traditional food, in Latacunga you can try Chuchucaras and in Salcedo they have a particular kind of ice cream.

If you decide to travel to Quito by day you can enjoy the view but the trip last longer. If you catch the last two buses of the day, is a direct trip to Quito and you can sleep in the bus.

Vinny

Cheers Vinny
Thats kinda what I figured. I would like to see the countryside but don't really have enough time on this trip.

You welcome,

Enjoy your trip, all it matters is you get good weather to enjoy the view. If you get rain and fog, the trip is fustrating and bored.

Raining with lightning here in Quito

I live on Vancouver Island. That is typically our winter season. Lol.

I am really looking forward to the trip down. I have everything booked now except for the flight from Cuenca to Quito. I really looked at it and thought for this trip it would be so much easier to fly between so I can see more of the cities, next time I go down I will start looking more at the rural.

:):):):):):):):):):)