Stocks stocks stocks (tadawul)

anyone in here who are into stocks!
and willing to share information!
:)

hoping to find a group and to learn more about it! :)

You may look for some info here:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=169375

thanks TLL! I checked it out and I found some negative insights about stocks which are contrary to what I  expected.

actually, a guy showed me his portfolio which has been  established 12 years ago and I'm surprised that his money multiplied up to 7  times the original value!!!  isn't that amazing!

:):):)

its really quite interesting why most people ignore stocks while others are earning a lot from it! :huh:

seeker of truth wrote:

its really quite interesting why most people ignore stocks while others are earning a lot from it! :huh:

It is quite a high risk market to join. You could get tens of times worth of your initial investment if you understood the market quite clearly, i.e., if you spent years in the markey, even during crises. Or you could could practically end up with 15% of your initial investment with greed and bad decisions.

It depends on how you use it.

Deyaa1989 wrote:
seeker of truth wrote:

It is quite a high risk market to join. You could get tens of times worth of your initial investment if you understood the market quite clearly, i.e., if you spent years in the markey, even during crises. Or you could could practically end up with 15% of your initial investment with greed and bad decisions.

It depends on how you use it.

yeah. true! and so far  I'm doing fine. :)

Anyone who knows a group? please advise me! thanks guys!

To arrogant random by-passer:

FYI, this post is for sharing information ONLY. Not interested on milking someone. I have my own money! i don't care about others.

if you have ideas to share with, please do.

If not, just zip that mouth!  :mad:

By looking at all the lively discussions  and tons of flowing info, on this post :D  .Finally i am intrigued to ask ,what is all the stocks about (total noob here) ,and to decrease my total ignorance .The only stock that comes to my mind is the "chicken stock" .

Djzubaid wrote:

By looking at all the lively discussions  and tons of flowing info, on this post :D  .Finally i am intrigued to ask ,what is all the stocks about (total noob here) ,and to decrease my total ignorance .The only stock that comes to my mind is the "chicken stock" .

stocks or shares. are you familiar with stock market? there's one here in Saudi Arabia and probably one in your country. it's a type of investment. i hope this could help you at least.

seeker of truth wrote:
Djzubaid wrote:

stocks or shares. are you familiar with stock market? there's one here in Saudi Arabia and probably one in your country. it's a type of investment. i hope this could help you at least.

ohh ,i get it ;)  .The rise and fall of the value of shares in the stock market ,thanks buddy .Will do more googling on this topic

Djzubaid wrote:
seeker of truth wrote:
Djzubaid wrote:

ohh ,i get it ;)  .The rise and fall of the value of shares in the stock market ,thanks buddy .Will do more googling on this topic

You are very welcome. And you can gain from the rise and fall of the value of shares. you better start investing. it's pretty cool. There are some sites available or if in case there is a seminar, you better grab that opportunity. it will give you a better view on how stock market works. And i guess  it differs from country to country.

Saudi Arabia is becoming more industrialized. For a short term high risk choice, I advise to go with construction (metal, concrete, pipes, and furnitures) and real-estate shares.

If looking for a long term safer choices, go for renewable energy investments.

All the Best,

thanks Deyaa!

I  am  really  amazed by SAUDI MARKET  because  it continues  to fly from TASI 8k and  now 10k  just  for a span of a  year or  less.

the market is booming! yay! :)

If you have a high risk appetite invest in the insurance sector, that is where you double your money.

yeah, I  once  tempted in  insurance  so I  did lose about 16%  but thank God i recovered with  gains! :)

good for you, you invested in tadawul... i wanted to, but I just decided to go with PSE, because i planned on leaving by next year, they said i had to close my tadawul account if i go on exit....

the stock market here in saudi really does look interesting, in terms of investment. I just hope they don't go back to the meltdown like what happened during the 90's

thanks Jericho.

so far so  good so I  hope it won't happen.
I have PSE too. it seems that it is volatile  compare to  the market  here.

seeker of truth wrote:

thanks Jericho.

so far so  good so I  hope it won't happen.
I have PSE too. it seems that it is volatile  compare to  the market  here.

that's great!.....

did you open yours with Samba or with NCB? if I may ask.....

NCB, but it took a lot of hardwork and persistence  from  discrimination of some staff. at first they said no, only saudis are allowed, etc.
in the end, I got one. Thank God! :)

to seeker of truth..

hi kabayan!  resurrecting this old thread..  are you still investing in saudi stock market?  i am interested in this.  i am already invested back home, col is my broker.

how are you investing here?  thru stock brokers?  banks?

Hi i am interested in learning trading (Tadawul). Do anyone of you know where i can get training/info for it ??

I think it is better if you check with your local bank... most stock brokers offer free education and training of some sort...

Just check your bank, they usually offer for tadawul. But expect a bloody conversatiom, become some might not accept your application. I encounter a staff telling me that its only for Saudi. Remember, market is open to everyone, regardless of race, gender, age, educational background, etc. Good luck!

For expats, be aware that when we go on final exit, we need to withdraw our funds from such investments. That is what a guy from Saudi Investment Bank told me. Either bond funds or tadawul, .... that was from 2 years ago... perhaps they changed the policies... i hope they do