Salary details wanted

hi

I am abbinaya currently in KL for a vacation. My hubby is working for a short term project at KL. He recently got an offer. But the pay package is almost same as that of the indian salary. I wanna know how much will be the max salary for a person with 14+ years experience in telecom domain as program manager.

How much we could expect ?

Mention some of the counsultants in KL who could process for a 14+ years exp person in telecom domain.

Thanks

Hello abbinaya.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hi Aurelie..

Thanks...This forum is informative. Do share details for my query.

Thanks

hi abinaya, i think it would be more helpful if u mentioned a package and asked if it is sufficient to lead a good life in malaysia. plus program manager is a vague title and could mean anything.

hi caryle

Thanks for ur response. The package is 13K RM including free accommodation and transporation. Just Rs.50K difference with the indian salary. I don't think so with this package we can hardly save in KL bcoz my kids r school  going kids.

My question is

1. is this the max they could offer for a 14+ years experience person in telecom domain. his job profile is controlling and managing an entire operations with a group of people for a leading telecom operator in KL. He is a project manager.

2. How much he could expect in KL for his experience.

3. I am masters in computer engineering. Is it easy for me to get job in KL ? How much I would be offered ?(roughly)

Would appreciate if u could share me ur idea on the above mentioned.

Thanks

let me start with ur hubby first. 13k with free accomodation is a really really good package here. wat does free transportation mean? company car? company pays for cab fare to work and back?

just 50k diff? thats a big diff :-)

how many kids do u have and how old r they? school fees are the biggest expense in kl.

expats getting a job in kl depends on line of work. experience is key. degrees are secondary. wat experience do u have and how many years? it is tough though for expats to get a job. and its all bout luck too.

let me ask u this:
add both urs and hubbys monthly salaries
minus 272k
what is the amount?