Social Housing

Hi everybody

I'm planning to move to my boyfriend to Holland this summer. He has a social housing and gets monthly support for the house by the govertement. I'm gonna do my master in holland so I'm not having a huge income and we think that when I move in with him we will still get the house for cheap.
But... I own a house in Switzerland, my income will be like 900 Euros monthly, but I have property abroad. Does anybody know if it will be a problem when I have a house abroad although my income is small? Will they not support my boyfriend anymore because I would be able to support him?

Thanks for your help

Hello Silvio Kunz.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hi

I moved in with my girlfriend (in Amsterdam) who has a social apartment and she had some financial aid prior to my arrival. I also have a small income from abroad ( less than you ) and we lost the financial aid.
Actually, the aid continued for about two months before we were requested to reimburse.
I do not wish to alarm you but I think you are right to inquire more information.
I'm sorry that I don't have the details to help you since I'm stilling trying to figure it out myself.

Good luck
Regards
Hervé

Hi Herve,

Thanks a lot for your comment, at least I'm warned now and can expect it. The thing that I don't understand is why my boyfriend might lose his social aid eventhough we are not married, that doesn't make sense for me. Anyway... I'll see what happens:/