Is it feasible to live in Bahrain and commute to Dammam?

Hi fellow Forum visitors.
I have dutifully filled in the detail about myself in the signing up procedures, which I invite you to check up on.
Fact is I have been headhunted by what appears to be a very large reputable business in Saudi Arabia.
I don't wish to go on a public domain like this to ask direct questions, as this is a very sensitive time in negotiations.
What I wanted to ask is it possible to go 'private' with someone on the site who is knowledgeable about business in Dammam, and in the broader sense, is it feasible to live in Bahrain and commute to Dammam Monday to Friday. Sorry strike that out Sunday to Thursday. I only ask this because when my wife joins me eventually I think there would be more there for her. Am I right?
Your responses will be most welcome.
Best regards
Frasermac

Hello Frasermac.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Dammam forum.

Hope you'll be advised by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

As far as I know there is a toll of 25 SR each way, and it is an hour to cross, but during weekends it  will take more (weekends in KSA are thur- fri), and on occasions the systems might go down.

I think it will be a bit of a hassle going back and forth, when you can just stay in a compound here, but visit bahrain during weekends.

also security in Bahrain is iffy

The best answer is No, but a possible answer is yes, you can commute from Bahrain to Dammam :)

Please note the below points:

- Right now, due to security reasons, the traffic on the causeway is normal, but later it will increase drastically, specially during K.S.A Weekends.

- Coming from Bahrain on Sunday is not an issue, you can reach K.S.A in an hour, I suppose

- Going back to Bahrain on Thursday can be a very bad experience. Normal queuing delay ranges from 3 hours to 5! And if the Immigration System crashes (there is chance of about one in an year) then you may stay on causeway for the whole night

- On Thursday, people from K.S.A prefer to leave for Bahrain after mid-night, but even at that time they face queuing delay of around 2 to 4 hours (on special occasions like Eid holidays, the delay may increase to 4 to 6 hours normally!)

Now you may decide whether to stay in K.S.A or commute. It all depends upon your patience and urge to live in Bahrain during weekends :)

Thank you for your kind replies to my question.
As for compound living, does anyone know of one in the Dammam area? What are the advantages of living in such a location, compared to an ordinary apartment, for example?
Shikra, as you are Dammam based I would like to ask you a private question concerning the company who are trying to hire me - if  you know them, reputation etc. If you would be kind enough to reply to me at [email protected] I would be grateful. Thank you