Indonesian maid working without get paid

Just received another text messages from my ex employer. She said I should come tomorrow and spoke to her husband.he will handle this problem. Ohh my God,what are they going to do. . Is More confused me..
Are they going to make this problem become more further.why can't she just give me my salary.isn't it my right?

Hi again, I'm happy to hear the latest update! Everything will always get better.
Please stay in touch! :-)

Good morning member,
Here it is the outcome, this morning on 7.30 she ask me to come to collect my salary. I was there exactly by the time she ask me to.
First I ask the security to tell them that I was there,and the ex Mr. Came to meet me (without her wife). The security want to let me in (by the gate) but he shout to me,he said; “you are not allowed in my property”.
Ooh my God,I was not surprise they will send me out(again) but still that make me bit down.
He come outside and give me the money and ask me to sign the receipt.after I sign,he say ;“ if you do ask you write on the letter(legal action) I will get my lawyer to sue you”. And say Go away and never comeback in a very loud voice. Ohh my God, am I wrong asking my right.why did they treat me like that.in front of many people(there's security and gardener and few people gather infront of her house)
And for goodness sake I would never want to meet him and the whole family again. This family ruin my view about a good employer.
The good things here is I get my salary altough there's a drama in a process.
Just keep praying,God save me.and make me stay away from this kind of people. This is the tough experience in my life.
But ask the people say,experience can be your best teacher. I will stick into that mindset.
And again, I thank you all for support me all the way through. And if this case even happen to my other fellow indonesian maid (I hope not) they will learn erom here and speak out.
I know sometimes things doesn't turn out as easy and smooth as we want but at least we should try.there's a good people among a bad one out there.don't be affraid if you right.
Now is time for me to move on,and looking for a new job.
Wish me luck everyone. .
THANK YOU VERY MUCH Expat.com

I am sorry if I have mistakes in my writing or my word in my post. I learn so many things from here,I'll do my best to be better person.

Thank You
Best regards,

Fitria nurhayati

It's a waste of time and paperwork filing a report with polda. What's in it for them?

I haven't report to polda yet.I just send them letter to ask my salary and give her time 1 week to paid.I tell them if in one week there's no respons I will do a legal action.but luckily that works for me,so I don't need to report to polda.
But for this my husband have to lose the job.
I'm not sure this two things is related to each other.but my husband boss( who is friend of my ex employer) send message to my husband one day (after I get my pay)and tell him to stop working.which is confused me because there's no problem or cOmplain from them before in one year more of his working time.
I know she would never let me go easily after make a messed with her but I didn't expect that she would do the same thing to my husband. I just don't understand what she's been thinking. Make my family suffer because both of me and my husband jobless.
Why she can't stop being so mean.
I just believe, God always have plan for my life.and would never leave me alone.

I think your husband loosing his job with your ex-employer friend may be related. May be they spread the news about you reporting them and so this was possibly their way of getting back at you. Did your husband get paid his salary for his time? I hope he did.

There is one useful thing that has come out of all this, is that other maids or generally others who work, have some support and backing in such situations. You have open doors and showed others that there is a light of hope when an employer has been un-fair.

The best thing to do now is leave that past behind and look for another job so that your life can get back to normal. I hope you and your husband find jobs soon. Good luck to both of you. :)

J

My husband still be working by the end of the month.I believed he will get paid.I know his employer quite well,she's good people.about she's fired my husband I just bit sad,she know us almost a year in the same roof and she know how we loves and care with her kids if she choose to believed her friend then I can't say anything more.maybe she just don't need him anymore.
Thank you for the support all this time.
Now is my time to move forward.
May God always bless all of us

Found a good job with a good offer salary today as a nanny.
The family seems amazing and they give me freedom to pray too.I think she knows me from this blog too. Expat.com open doors for me to found a good employer.I'm so happy. .
There's so much help and good advice from the member.
Thank you

@ 88fitriao

Thats really good news for new and you must feel really happy too. Well done and hope you will like your new job. Now this is just an example of "There's light at the end of the Tunnel" :)

It seems you went through alot of pain in the few weeks, put that behind you and move forward with your new job and new beginning.
Its really good to see how the Expat.com members on this particular post helped a person in need :)

I hope your husband will find a job soon, too.
Best of Luck, :)

J

great news indeed! wish you the best of luck!

If you're currently in Lagos, Nigeria why are you posting that you're looking for a maid on the Indonesian board?

Isn't there a sufficient enough labor force in your own country for that position?

To any Indonesian woman who would even consider going to Nigeria for employment be aware that Nigeria is one of the worst countries on the planet regarding human trafficking, the abuse of women workers and forced prostitution.  If you go there for a "job" be very serious when you say “goodbye” to your family as that is very possibly the last time they will ever see, or hear from you.

A maid in the UK and he has been banned. This is nothing but a load of lies. I would not entertain any idea of contacting him.

wow maid in UK is banned? never knew that. So you can hire cleaning service instead, not live-in maid?

maybe because it's too close to slavery huh?

fitri, glad everythng works out, best luck!

No plaindot...he's really looking for a maid in Lagos, Nigeria...read his first post.  The UK thing was an obvious after thought after I originally challenged him.

He's been banned, so I'm happy.

scary as hell..

And how much would you bet he's no doctor either!

" Dr Williams " ad is finally off this thread, maybe he took it down himself, but now is kinda funny that it seems we are talking about a ghost. I read his ad last night and knew that it was one big joke. I hope no one took the bait.

"I hope no one took the bait."

Exactly!

On the other hand, Indonesian women can take a bit of pride knowing that they are so desirable the world over!

In a good way I hope ? haha

"In a good way I hope ? haha"

Spot on...and thus the very real need for Indonesian women to be aware and careful.

:top:

Ah, there is another ghost? I missed it :(
Though happy to hear the ghost is gone !!!

Ah, there is another ghost? I missed it :(
Though happy to hear the ghost is gone !!!

Annie, tell us a story about phantoms on the ghost thread

Yeap..I think this is how those japanese scary movies ideas came from ? Or errr the other way around ? ...:blink:

boo hooo......boo hooooo
*aabie da friendly ghost

No plaindot...he's really looking for a maid in Lagos, Nigeria...read his first post.  The UK thing was an obvious after thought after I originally challenged him.

He's been banned, so I'm happy.

Well spotted Ubudian - apart from the Moderators just as well we have individuals like you patrolling the site and being alert to warn others. Good stuff and keep up the good work on the forum :top: