Living Cost

Hi,

I am planning to come to Singapore on visit visa to find the job.

Need some guidance about the cost of living during my stay in Singapore?

The living cost for a short visit are much higher than if you live in Singapore.
- The biggest portion will be accommodation, which costs at least S$60-80/night in a cheap hotel or hostel. Serviced apartments start at S$2500/month. Visitors are not allowed to rent any residential property, so if you cannot stay (for free) with friends, these are your only options.
- Count on S$15-20/day for (simple) food and S$10-15/day for transport (buses and trains, no taxi) and everything else.
Altogether you need at least S$3000-4000/month - or a lot more if you want some luxuries.

what about the bed space?

relatively living cost for short visit is higher especially on lodging. you're asking for bed space ????

nigelchoi wrote:

relatively living cost for short visit is higher especially on lodging. you're asking for bed space ????

i am looking for sharing the room.

Some backpackers hostels have dorm beds for S$20-30/night.
There's no privacy and you cannot leave your personal belongings there during the day (or they might get stolen).
Also, when a potential employer asks you where you currently stay, you don't want to mention such a place.

May be i am too late to reply to this message , but if you don't have friends or relatives working here , i don't think its a great idea to spend your plane tickets and try to find a job here. Just my two cents of thought....