Advice for family moving to Bonn

Hello new friends,

I am an American and my husband is from Germany- we moved back to Germany 2 months ago from California and are considering moving to Bonn with our 8 month old baby. I am seeking suggestions for (affordable) child-friendly neighborhoods that are close to shopping, kindergarten, and maybe even an expat community.

Any advice for areas to look, price ranges, baby groups and family life in Bonn, as well as Deutsch integration courses would be greatly appreciated!

Warm wishes,
Danya

Hello Danya.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hi Danya,

I'm new to this site and saw that your post is almost 8 months old. Did you and your family decide to move to Bonn? If you still have questions, I'd be happy to help if I can. I am a native Califonian who has been living here for about 10 years. I have some expereince with play groups and days care.

Let me know if I can help.

Erika

Erika,

New to this site, as well.  We are a military family currently stationed in Virginia.  Just found out today that we will be moving to Bonn this summer, probably the June/July time frame.  I have two children that will probably be attending the Bonn International School.  Would love ANY insight you may have.  This news is coming completely out of left field, as we were supposed to be moving to Stuttgart...an entirely different scenario as it is pretty much "little America." 

Thanks for your time!

Hello danya,

I am aproximately in the same situation as you were. I have researched and people tell to avoid Tannenbuch (the cheapest area for rents). The rest of areas are good. All neighborhoods whose name ends in -dorf (Poppelsdorf, Friesdorf, etc) are like small towns and every single one has a center with shops, school, church and kindergarten. I have a daughter of 2 years old and a boy of 8 years old. Me and my family are coming from Madrid (Spain)

Kind Regards

Gabriel

Hi I have lived in Bonn with my family for 3+ years, I am from the USA and my Husband in Lithuanian, we have 2 boys and one on the way  - we have lots of info if you need it - please feel to contact me :)

@ BasketsLifeTravel > What kind of information do you have please? Please feel free to post them on the forum so that the whole community can beneficiate from them.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Umm I think it is impossible to add eveything I know about living in Bonn into a forum post - it is just to much information.  However if anyone has a question or needs info they can feel free to ask me and I will be happy to answer - but posting everything I know I think is impossible  :)