Girls where do you buy your Abayas?

musicman wrote:

I didnt ask for prices as it would have made it rather embarassing for me to do so.

not exactly.....A very common trend. men buy and sell ladies items including the lingerie s for them ....So no big deal .

Although I am not very comfortable with this trend ,'m bit orthodox when it comes to buying your private stuff,I strictly prefer females sellers but %@^@^&&%^*$%^  :mad::mad::mad:

Hey Nonz

We'll compare each others abayas on thursday..you may be surprised!:lol:

Oh reallyyyyyyyyyy :o

i dont think so i saw your DP ,u were fine to me

Its walking distance from Tony Romas, opposite to AL FALAH Sports store. AL AQARIYAH 3 Complex adjoining Al Rajhi Bank Head Office.

The store is on the 2nd Floor.MY FAIR LADY.

perfect..thanks Musicman

hi every1

i've recently moved to Riyadh so the posts on 'where to buy abayas'will really help:)
Looking at the prices of abayas mentioned i realised i spent abit to much on my 1st purchase:| bt anyways now i knw....

So where is the kuwaiti souk?n dhiraa?wich area? would appreciate the help;)

thanx all

kind regards

Hi MissB84 and welcome to Riyadh.

Have been to the Dirah market, but cant tell U where it is, my driver takes me. DO NOT go alone!

Welcome missB,
I am with sparrow on the 'not going alone' to dirah souq. A week ago I went to see some abayas at the kuwaiti souq, and i'd have to say, I was amazed with the number of different designs on the abayas. And the prices were incredible as well. Kuwaiti souq wouldn't be as bad to go alone to as dirah.
Kuwaiti souq is right beside Riyadh Gallery Mall.. Like a block away..
Good luck with that..

yeah Kuwati is really not to expensive and u would find good variety no wonder.

Right would any of of kind ladies help me out. How are abaya's sized is it by height or dress size?

Need to buy 3 of them but just get cheap ones until the entourage come out permanently and they can choose their own. Can you get a hooded one with red lining or similar?

As I don't have a clue, I know that comes as a shock, anybody want to meet me and go shooping alternativly buy the things for me.

Come on don't be shy, I am in need of help!

Pretty please!

I can't meat you because i have to go to work; but i can help you with the measurments. just tell me how tall are the ladies; and their weight.

Nina_01 wrote:

I can't meat you because i have to go to work; but i can help you with the measurments. just tell me how tall are the ladies; and their weight.

We are entering dangerous territory over weight :D

Would be looking for 2 @ 5'10" and one at 5'8" ans in UK dress size 12.

Waiting for my wife to give exact measurements but that I reckon is close.

cm and kg plz.

Nina_01 wrote:

cm and kg plz.

177cm and 172cm

Weight have not got a clue, as a gentleman doesn't ask those things, plus I would be taking my life in my hands :D Is average a good approximation?

The best idea is go to abaya shop ,try abaya on u,if it is your size(according to length)keep it in your mind,it will be same everywhere ,there is no such thing like euro size,UK size or US size.So it wont be confusing for u:)

MaserMan wrote:
Nina_01 wrote:

cm and kg plz.

177cm and 172cm

Weight have not got a clue, as a gentleman doesn't ask those things, plus I would be taking my life in my hands :D Is average a good approximation?

The sizes are between:
62 - 64

The sizes are according to saudi-abaya measurements..

Good luck :)

Nina_01 wrote:
MaserMan wrote:
Nina_01 wrote:

cm and kg plz.

177cm and 172cm

The sizes are between:
62 - 64

The sizes are according to saudi-abaya measurements..

Good luck :)

Nina, thanks very much :top:

You are mostly welcome.

MM2 - my abaya size is 58 - but the ladies will need to buy in UK because they will need to wear it to get off the plane already covered.

mine is 60 (Saudi size) Anyone care to buy one for me?:gloria

Sparrow wrote:

MM2 - my abaya size is 58 - but the ladies will need to buy in UK because they will need to wear it to get off the plane already covered.

I have seen women get off the plane and walking out the airport with short sleevs, tight pants and uncovered hair. They drew a lot of attention to them but the point here is that it is not a MUST to have it on when u arrive. You have the exception to not wear one when ur in the airport.
If you wanna be discrete and respectful, just have them put on long sleeved shirts with black pants and have their hair covored. (if they cant get an abaya from the UK)
In any case, beezers' mom has lived here for 32 years and has never ever come in to riyadh with an abaya on. She had ZERO comments on it. So don't stress too much about it..

Ive seen people putting on their Abhayas at the Airport after having it delivered to them by family and friends upon arrival. The Airport Zone is more or less like the DQ.

I have seen women get off the plane and walking out the airport with short sleevs, tight pants and uncovered hair. They drew a lot of attention to them but the point here is that it is not a MUST to have it on when u arrive. You have the exception to not wear one when ur in the airport.
If you wanna be discrete and respectful, just have them put on long sleeved shirts with black pants and have their hair covored.

i am quite agree and  i am glad u think in such way:)

nonz wrote:

If you wanna be discrete and respectful, just have them put on long sleeved shirts with black pants and have their hair covored.

i am quite agree and  i am glad u think in such way:)

I say that because when I flew in, the women on the plane without abayas were shoved away from their family members and wrapped up in the aeroplane blankets. It could have been airport securitys bad hair day.

Sparrow wrote:

I say that because when I flew in, the women on the plane without abayas were shoved away from their family members and wrapped up in the aeroplane blankets. It could have been airport securitys bad hair day.

heinnnn:o:o:o:o never seen such a view:rolleyes:

Sparrow wrote:

Wow, I never saw this either. 

My first trip in, I didn't have an abaya but wore a full-length, long-sleeved, very loose morrocan caftan-type garment.  There was no problem.

My last trip in (arriving from London), there were 4 or 5 western women who arrived with me who weren't wearing abayas and  didn't have their hair covered, but were wearing long skirts and loose tops.  Nobody bothered them.

Maybe the M's were on their Annual Field Trip to the Airport?

Must have been -  after arriving home after a weekend in Bahrain...  (evil thoughts here!!! ) :lol::lol::lol:

CAF wrote:

Must have been -  after arriving home after a weekend in Bahrain...  (evil thoughts here!!! ) :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Soooo funny!! True?? Maybe? Yes?

Let it play in your heads :p

CAF wrote:

You see!!!:o

That's why i don't go to Behrin ;)

Behrin? Is that a Caribbean Island?

Hey there!
I am living in Dammam and designing Abayas

(Moderated: No free ads)
cheers

zmurtaza,

Nice work!  Welcome to the forum, but you prob want to advertise on the classifieds.  But I will keep you in mind if anyone is looking for something special. 

Regards,

hi

if you are in Dammam Ok Khobar you will find nice Abaya between 150 SR to 250 SR

go to Dammam to (Al-Hayat Blazza) Market it is a nice market & big you will enjoy & you will find every thing there.

regards,

rami

The Kuwaiti Souqs ....... there are beautifull abyas and not costing a fortune.  Do you know where it is?

There is an Abaya fashion show in town this week I am going to it. Normally I get my abaya's from Dira and I have been there on my own without any problem, but I have covered my hair when there. Tend to spend around 80SR for a really nice design one with lovely detail. As for the airport, you can come or leave  through without abaya just need to dress respectfully as if the Matawa was there, they could cause you trouble and it is just not worth it!

nonz wrote:

nonz.. there is a thing called tailor.. and we call a *thaaan* of raw cloth :P

btw.. if you see most of the local girls these days.. they have enough excess cloth on their size 42 abaya to churn out a 60 as well

kamiii wrote:
nonz wrote:

nonz.. there is a thing called tailor.. and we call a *thaaan* of raw cloth :P

btw.. if you see most of the local girls these days.. they have enough excess cloth on their size 42 abaya to churn out a 60 as well

Kamii u could have told me this in person...since i have to see u daily for at least 8 to 10 hours :unsure