Would love to go to a football game, attend a locals wedding....

Hi all.  We are so excited about going to Quito - that is our destination and not a jumping off point to other points - and we would love to do some things the locals would do...

Planning on going horse back riding, maybe the zip line if my 6 year old is big enough, a trip to the outdoor market.. the things it seems are easy to find doing a simple search on the interet.

What I would also love to do is try to do more local activities

Attend a local sporting event, say football, or other type of event
Maybe attend a local couples wedding (with a cash donation to help them on there way)
Dinner with a local family

What ideas do you all have?  Lets here them!!

Hi,

Nice ideas for the trip!
I was 3 times already in Quito, it's a nice place to visit...
When will you travel?

We are going to be in Quito from August 24th to September 3rd.

Re football: your timing is right, since the season (according to Wikipedia) runs Feb-Dec. The top teams in Quito seem to be Deportivo Quito, El Nacional, and LDU Quito.

I'm looking forward to being a regular at the games when I get there.

Bob

Excellent news!  I see that there are not many posters in this blog, so how could we get a bunch of folks together to go to the game?  Maybe even try to do a tailgating party or something like that?

I go to most of the Liga de Quito home games (and the Ecuador national home games). No tailgating here but lots of bars/restaurants near the stadiums.

amyf wrote:

I go to most of the Liga de Quito home games (and the Ecuador national home games). No tailgating here but lots of bars/restaurants near the stadiums.

Sounds like Wrigleyville in Chicago. I'm not a Cubs fan, but it can be a fun scene for those who are into it.

aokane wrote:

how could we get a bunch of folks together to go to the game?

I'm not there now :( and I'll probably get there just about the time the season ends, but I think you could probably get a group (maybe just a small one) by posting here when you have a particular game in mind.

I don't know, maybe others have tried something like that and could say how it works.

Bob