Life in China

Hi everybody, How is life in china.
is language a big problem ? can we manage with english ?
Will be really glad to have some friends to guide.

zarwaj99 wrote:

Hi everybody, How is life in china?

Great thanks, been in China since 1998 and still enjoying it.

zarwaj99 wrote:

is language a big problem ? can we manage with english ?

Strangely in China they speak Chinese not English. Many expats manage with only English but language skills are a great advantage.

zarwaj99 wrote:

Will be really glad to have some friends to guide.

You have found the right place. The people on this forum are friendly and helpful and if/when you arrive meet up with us at one, or more, of the regular Tuesday get-togethers.

Manlin wrote:

Strangely in China they speak Chinese not English.

Wait.  Is that true?  I heard a rumor about that, but Chinese?  Why would anyone speak such a strange language?

@ Hailey - it is a plot orchestrated by the Party to prevent undesirable elements from knowing how to find the nearest lavatory. 

However, the round eyes have discovered that by use of their big noses they can normally pinpoint with amazing accuracy the location of the nearest latrine.

Manlin .... been in China since 1998 and still enjoying it.

Thats amazing I wished if I have ur experience :)

It depend on the place where you visit mostly in educational institution English is preferred. But in other places like in market its tough to communicate.

Hi,friend
My name is Lisa from Qingdao,China
Are you planing to come to China ?I think i can help you
if you need help ,contact me

Lisa

Been in Beijing now for six months and enjoy it overall. I think speaking the language makes it a lot more interesting, but there are quite a few expats who seem to do just fine without knowing any - some of them apparently for years.
Be prepared for a pretty big and fast paced city though - Beijing is not a place to relax really.