Interested in moving to ZACATECAS

Interested in moving to ZACATECAS,  I adjust very easily. How is it for expats has far as everyday living? Thanks.

MexicoBob wrote:

Interested in moving to ZACATECAS,  I adjust very easily. How is it for expats has far as everyday living? Thanks.

There is almost nothing of an expat community.  There are exactly 8 non missionaries that I know of.  I run into Mormon or Jehovah's Witnesses missionaries from time to time who are here for a year.

There are more English speakers here than you might expect.  I'm not sure I'd want to settle here without enough Spanish to survive things like health emergencies or finding a guy to do auto, computer or household repairs.

The locals treat expats and all foreigners with courtesy, respect, friendliness as long as they behave themselves.

I live in downtown Zacatecas and getting around is easier walking or taking a taxi or bus than owning a car.  Outside downtown, a car is a must.  For me, shopping is spread between the corner store two blocks down, the public market, a small supermarket, 64 steps and two blocks away in downtown and a commercial district where Sams and Walmart are located.

There's a mall with an upscale department store (Liverpool,) a multiplex movie theater and boutiques and restaurants.  There's another multiplex near Sams and restaurants all over the city.

I have all the cable TV and Internet I want and offhand, the only conveniences I may miss on occasion are central heat, a dishwasher and a clothes dryer.  My apartment doesn't really have room for a dryer.

I can get very cold in winter, below freezing.  I have a couple of space heaters that do the job.

The Americans I know are here for reasons like the calm, the slow pace, the unique cultural outlets, the crisp clean air, thin as it is at 8,000ft.

Life here is good.

Thanks, I have a few friends in Aguascalientes,2 hours south. Have been considering that city to.

Hello MexicoBob.

To note that a new thread has been created from your message on the Mexico forum. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thank you(:

Barry, did you receive an email in just sent you on your website? t didn't look like it went.

John Scherber

I am from Aguascalientes, but currently living in Mexico city, I recommend you Aguascalientes for living instead of Zacatecas, is much more safe and developed

ㅜнαทкร ƒ๑я тнε ïทƒ๑.  Hανε α ทïςε δαγ.

Is there a good hospital in Zacatecas? If so, is it located neat the city center? Thanks.