Maputo Madness and Advice requested

Hi All,

My 4th day in Maputo and loving it!

I'm here for two years so it's great thing that I feel that way!

The drivers are all mad and some of the pedestrians seem that way too!

Check my profile to see more about me.

We've done the usual and have place-marked Woolworths, Superspar, Game, Shoprite, Polana and Maputo Shopping Malls, etc., in the GPS, however there's still so much more to find out and do!

I'd really appreciate some hints and advice on some of the following .... whatever it is you have to offer;

Internet Service Providers - is there any company that stands out above the rest. Should we apply for a phone line or is wireless a better route here?

House keeper/cleaner. I have no idea where to start looking for domestic help; can anyone refer somebody reliable who speaks English well? What is  reasonable wage? Are there employment regulations I need to be aware of?

Laundry service. Until we're up and running we need washing and ironing done. Is this offered anywhere at reasonable rates?

General hardware. Being a handyman type, I like to do-it-myself. Is there a good, reasonably priced general hardware where I can get goods from electrical to timber to paint and building?

Nursery. I'm keen to get my herb garden going as quickly as possible. Where can I get seeds and seedlings?

Please send anything else you may think useful - it's all welcome and will be appreciated!

So long,

Hi Rickford!

Your post has been moved to the Maputo forum for better visibility.

Regards
Armand

Hi Rickford.I agree with you when it comes to the driving in Maputo,i get so frustrated when driving in Maputo.You have to be extra careful when driving.

I am in South Africa but i have friends in Maputo who can give you most of the information you need.If you are happy with that,just send me a private mail or call.Reply and then i can give you my email adress and number.

Kind Regards
Sophy