Moving to Hurgahda

Hello,
       My wife and I have just moved to Hurghada, the process involved a lot of research on the internet, so it seems only right to add our experiences into the library.. the piece is 8000 words, and so I have put it in blog...........

I hope that somewhere in there you will find at least one nugget of useful information

http://hello-hurghada.blogspot.com/2013 … gress.html

Any comments would be very welcome

Cheers

Peter

I just wrote a response to your lovely blog on moving to Hurghada, but I don't know where it went???!I'm retired and live in Kentish Town, London, but spend about four months a year in Hurghada where my husband lives on our boat. He is Egyptian and, like you, is disillusioned by both what is happening there and here. We're not far from El Kawthor where I too shop in Metro and Abu Ashara. You brought Hurghada life into sharp focus and I realised how much I miss it. I hope you settle in, over-come the way locals tell you sometimes what you want to hear to please you  - but disappoint because you feel let down. Maybe we could have a coffee when I get there in the Autumn/Winter. All the best - LAVALLA

Thank you, glad you liked the piece... yes our politicians are hopeless... by we must rise above their incompetence and carry on regardless.... a boat in the Red Sea would be Liz's dream....

of course we would love to meet up for a coffee, put not for us Arabic, if you don't mind, always seem to end up with a mouthful of grains... just post me when you are here and have the time...

Keep, well

Cheers

Peter

Ha! Agree about the coffee! Okay will contact you again when I'm there.

Hi Peter.

I have read your blog and it was like a breath of fresh air!!!
My daughter lives and works in Hurghada and married to an Egyptian.. so i visit often and have made the decision to move there permanently this summer as soon as the house it sold.

I love Hurghada but also get frustrated at the behaviour of some of the locals.. but the really lovely people far outweigh the bad.

I wish you and your wife a very happy stay in lovely Hurghada.

Sandra