Help! Looking for a second home in Puerto Rico

My husband and I are interested in buying a second home in Puerto Rico which we will eventually (within the next 3-4 years) live in for 6+ months of the year.
We have mostly traveled around the San Juan area, but are wondering what other areas of PR we should consider.
We are 39 years old with 2 children (one in college, one a high school senior) and we own our own business so employment is not an issue.

We do not want to be too remote (especially as we expect lots of guests) but would like a safe area, access to shopping, restaurants, tourist fun for guests, beach etc.

Any ideas?  We have heard Rincon, Isabela, Carolina, Aguada, Vieques are places to consider.

I would definitely put Isabella as a first choice. Wonderful beaches, not too remote and property pretty reasonable. You could also look at Dorado. I personally would not recommend Carolina and Vieques is certainly remote, although beautiful.

Nicky
doradochiropractor.com

Hi, I would also put Aguadilla in your list.  I'm in the process of buying a condo there (second home also).  It's a new development, 300 feet above the ocean and close to Crashboat Beach, which is about a 5 minute drive to the beach.  It's beautiful there.  If you want to check out their website go to callcoll.com/new-development-project.php?id=107