8500 RM montly salary is sufficient to relocate from India?

Hi,

I am from India, married and have a kid. My monthly take home in india is 60000 rs, I got an offer from one of the job agent in KL for 8500 RM per month excluding tax. I am working in weblogic admin profile.

I would save around 30000 in India with my current salary, is it worth to relocate to KL with 8500 RM

Please advise.

Thanks

Yes, it's a good package u can save more or less 4000RM and that depends on ur life style.

Thanks,

Hi Weblogic
I see that you can save 50% of your salary even living with wife and kid. I suppose that your kid dont go to school yet.. As fas as making the move is concerned, you said that you got that offer thru an agent. Has the company made you an offer in writing? or is it just the agent whos told you that 8500 would be your salary?
Please make sure that its a genuine company and can look for its credentials online.
As far as 8500 excluding taxes in concerned, for now it may be a good move but you need to let us know if you have to shell out money for renting an apartment or is it being provided by the company?
Please remember that for the six months you will be taxed at a rate of flat 26%.
Cheers

Thank you very much both, useful suggestion. I am in KL now on a project will be back to india this weekend. I finished my interview and the agent agreed to pay me 8500 RM, waiting for the offer in writing.

You are welcome and best of luck..!! :)

Hi again coolguy

what is the deal on taxes? after 6 months...how much does it come to??

if I am going to be in the slot of 8.5-9k pm.?!

I had a nominal slab in SG...was not sure how it is in KL..anything around above 20% will be quite high..

And do employees /can employees offer a package excl tax?? is it a norm?

And any perks usually offered by employers( big firms) in KL?(esp MNc's!

Thanks

Hi Yeskay
After you become a tax resident, your taxes come back to normal. As per your salary range, it should be 15-16% after you become a tax resident. I am not 100% sure about the rate though. You might wanna check with official website for this.
But for sure, after these six months, your over paid tax will be returned back to you.
I think one month salary bonus is pretty much standard here..! Better to check with you HR..
Cheers..!